GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hello and thank you for your answer
So I am logged in with my username which is the same as on this forum....

When I click on "delete" I have the window that opens:
" delete confirmation for "<add-on>"
" are you sure (
etc)"

then I click on "delete" and I have "working" but nothing happens, even if I wait for a long time...
The window remains as it is .... :unsure:
Hmm. That sounds like the AJAX call that powers that isn't doing its thing.

Can you see anything in the developer console that might be related to it not working?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Me too. Please do something! Unpublishing add-ons would cause a pressure on the OHM database!

I also want to have the "Soumya-8974's add-on" rendering a la vBulletin forum.
I mean, "deleting" them really only marks them as deleted in the database too.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hello and thank you for your answer
So I am logged in with my username which is the same as on this forum....

When I click on "delete" I have the window that opens:
" delete confirmation for "<add-on>"
" are you sure (
etc)"

then I click on "delete" and I have "working" but nothing happens, even if I wait for a long time...
The window remains as it is .... :unsure:
Yes, a 404 IIRC. I’ll check in a moment.

This should be fixed now.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Update time! I wanted to do this a bit sooner, but I had to attend my own wedding and my Macbook broke, so yeah... ?‍♂️

Over the past few months we've been working on OHM. As said before, this consists of a back-end API and a new front-end. @Xyon is mainly working on the API side of things, and I'm working on the front-end.

The front-end stack exists of React and Bootstrap. So far, I haven't done a lot of styling, it's all pure Bootstrap.
The demo that you're about to see is something that I've created quite some time ago. Over the past few months I've learned quite a lot with other projects, however I decided not to re-write to current code-base since it's working and it would only introduce delays. I will optimize the code, just not now.

Alpha build of the new OHM:

Try it yourself:

Our honeymoon to Greece got canceled (covid), but we're going to the Dutch islands this Monday to still relax a bit. I don't expect much dev work in the next 2 weeks, but know that we're working on it.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That's awesome! Great to see the progress you guys have made, thank you so much for your hard work.

And congratulations on getting married! I'm doing the same thing next weekend. Try not to worry to much about Orbiter during your honeymoon, there'll be plenty of time for that later.

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
Thanks for all your hard work on this. It will be great to have a new hangar!

My thoughts:

I would like a really clear indication which Orbiter version an add-on is created for, and version filtering.

Related to this; I have a personal feeling that we should be encouraging the use of, and development for, the latest version of Orbiter. I think that's healthy and to this end I would get rid of the 'most downloaded' from the front page. I think it sends mixed signals about what Orbiter is to have so many incompatible add-ons up-front.

It's a strange thing that four years after the release of the latest version there is still plenty of talk around here of using older versions. That would have been unthinkable in the old days (which I've recently time-traveled from).

Also, I would find the visual short-list easier to look at vertically than horizontally.

If any of this strikes you as unhelpful, obviously disregard! I'm very grateful for all the work you're doing and will make use of whatever you come up with.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
After having tried the beta now a bit, first of all, I have to say I love the look. I have a few additional points:

I can agree with @80mileshigh, I think what's immediately presented when you visit OHM, should be addons for the current version.

I also think the "categories" list should be on the left hand side, not a button.

OHM is a front end to a database, and the primary use case is finding addons that meet certain criteria. (e.g Spacecraft, for Orbiter 060929, sort by popularity)
Take a look at this: https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods?filter-game-version=2020709689:7999&filter-sort=4

I don't use KSP enough to know anything about the mod community or what's popular or essential, but when I go there, the interface leads me in the right direction.

This is really just my 2p(¢) and not a criticism, and I meant what I said above (awesome)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Addon page in OH said:
It's awaiting staff approval before it goes live. We do this automatically for your first two addons
I'm waiting approval on my 3rd addon, so something is not right... :unsure:

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm waiting approval on my 3rd addon, so something is not right... :unsure:
Bugger, I thought I'd fixed that. When did you upload it?

Reactions: GLS

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
It's public now, thanks!

BTW: here in the user settings there is a "OrbitHangar Username" that, if correct, should show a link to the addons, but I don't see a link displayed... is this still WIP?
BTW2: thread creation for a new addon, how is it or will it be managed: optional, automatic or manual?

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It's public now, thanks!

BTW: here in the user settings there is a "OrbitHangar Username" that, if correct, should show a link to the addons, but I don't see a link displayed... is this still WIP?
BTW2: thread creation for a new addon, how is it or will it be managed: optional, automatic or manual?

I will remove the old profile field for OHM username - since you log into OHM with your OF details it doesn't really make any sense any more.

Thread creation for new addons will be autonomous and is a WIP.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
With the latest feedback, I've added the categories list to the frontpage:
1601320399057.png

I (we) agree with showing Orbiter 2016 add-ons first, however the API doesn't support this yet. So we will do this, once the API is ready. I hope that I have the time to send a proposal to @Xyon this week, since vacation is over and it's very busy at work ?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
@IronRain So....I followed your link, then logged in with my info. It correctly displayed my uploaded addons.

Then, I clicked on the Categories, selected Spacecraft, and saw this in the upper-right corner:
1604418512487.png

Looks like there are still some auth issues at play.

Also, are there plans to enable sorting of the addon list as we had on O-H before? Ex: Sort by upload date descending, sort by author, etc.

Thanks so much for all the great work you and @Xyon are doing!

Regards,
n122vu

Attachments

• 1604418334832.png
    1604418334832.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 1

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I see now in the Similar threads section of O-F the feature request and bugs section for OHM. I'll put future posts there so as not to clog up the Deployments and fixes with questions. :cheers:

Edit: Looks like those sections are locked. Assuming those are just placeholders as well and I'm just ahead of the game? ?

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
A quick update about an update I've just updated the OHM API with, which will update the search functionality with some much needed updates, bringing it more up to date.

That is to say, I've just improved the search function somewhat.