Orbiter: A Tale of Journey and Freedom

Voyager

Reaction score
Prologue

If you are reading this, you will find that this could be real. For those of you think it is fiction, fine think of it as fiction. This is a story of life and death, friendship, and so much. But everything here has happened and is a story of many people, and a infinity of chaos.

Okay, the starting of my story. This story needs some people, and this story will have funky titles.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:eek:hthedrama:

You may want to make up an entire story before posting it...Whatever it is, I'd like to read it when you're finished, though!

Voyager

Reaction score
Very, very funny. Currently working on 1st chapter. The prologue is just a teaser for the story.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
A teaser is meant to get people interested... it didn't really make me interested.. if anything it made me less interested in your story...

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Very, very funny. Currently working on 1st chapter. The prologue is just a teaser for the story.
This isn't a prologue, it's a handful of sentences.

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

To elaborate: A prologue needs to actually introduce what's going to happen.

What you have written there could just as easily describe Animorphs as Star Wars or any number of other stories.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Short-Story

Excuse me while I single out a few specifics:

At the very least, a story should have an exposition (the story leading up to the climax), rising action (events leading to the turning point), a climax (a turning point in a story brought about by conflict between characters or within a character), falling action (your story begins to conclude), and a resolution (a satisfying ending to the story in which the central conflict is resolved - or not).
Organize your thoughts. After you have prepared the basic elements of your story, it can be helpful to do out a time-line in some way to help you decide what should happen when. Your story should consist at least of an introduction, conflict, rising action, climax, and resolution. You can draw or write a visual with very simple descriptions of what should happen in each of these stages.
Do research
You may not need or want to go through the brainstorming and pre-writing work; many writers skip these steps, and you may find going through all the steps of the writing process superfluous. That said, everybody should try pre-writing at some point, even if it’s just once. Also, without planning beforehand, it is very unlikely you will have a good story.
Think carefully about all the elements of a story, for example main character, setting, time period, genre, supporting characters, enemies and conflict, and plot.

Just a few very nice tips that will help getting a very nice story out.