Orbiter Flag Challange - "Grand Tour" style

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Setting that flag on Phobos is a pain! :mad::compbash2:

I'll float off into space only to come back down again as the computer voice keeps annoying me by saying "beep, rotation, beep, rotation, beep rotation.

After this experiance,I doubt I'll do Deimos in the same manner.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
what about ships such as deepstar... if we have to refuel, can we use the scn editor or do we have to play out like launching an XR5 to the ship for fuel transfers. Does there have ote be a base to reload fuel?

Fizyk

Reaction score
Website
ebvalaim.net
One things always bugged me... Do you have to change the XR2 config file to have enough oxygen to go anywhere further than the Moon, or is there any other way?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Put an O2 brick into your payload bay - 5000 days of O2 per crew member.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
One things always bugged me... Do you have to change the XR2 config file to have enough oxygen to go anywhere further than the Moon, or is there any other way?

I've docked to the Deepstar and opened both airlock doors, the O2 just keeps on flowing.
You could carry a craft in the plb to dock to.

what about ships such as deepstar... if we have to refuel, can we use the scn editor or do we have to play out like launching an XR5 to the ship for fuel transfers. Does there have ote be a base to reload fuel?

I'm guessing I'll have to do a refuel around one of the gas giants, when I do I'll use kulch's FSS beta. Don't know how it got out there :p.

That is brilliant, Artlav! I considered Shukra, but I thought landing on it would be too much of a pain.

For Venus, can I push a small reentry capsule out of the XR2 airlock, that can deploy the flag robotically? Or is this cheating?

Fizyk

Reaction score
Website
ebvalaim.net
I never thought of this, thanks :p
I put two LOX tanks in the payload bay, but it only gave me 840 days of O2. Did you mean it is 5000 days if I have only one crew member?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I put two LOX tanks in the payload bay, but it only gave me 840 days of O2. Did you mean it is 5000 days if I have only one crew member?

Here is a tip: Don't carry a full crew compliment. I'm only carrying five.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...And you feel like standing on the top of the world...

Another brilliant chapter! Keep them coming!

What particular date did you set off from Mercury, Artlav?

And Orulex looks brilliant, though I'm avoiding it in fear that it will eat up my bandwidth.

EDIT:
Deimos Flyby:

I feel small.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
What particular date did you set off from Mercury, Artlav?

And Orulex looks brilliant, though I'm avoiding it in fear that it will eat up my bandwidth.
About MJD 40932.
What kind of bandwidth are you talking about?
FPS?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What kind of bandwidth are you talking about?
FPS?

No.

Apparently my ISP allows me 2GB of bandwidth a month, if I exceed that, they'll shut off my internet, which isn't good.
Orulex gets it's data from some other place on the internet, thus, running orulex will use up that bandwidth. Or so I think, I may not be entirly sure...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Orulex gets it's data from some other place on the internet, thus, running orulex will use up that bandwidth. Or so I think, I may not be entirly sure...
No, not unless you tell it to, and never at run-time.
It generates terrain dynamically out of fractal functions for all bodies except Earth, Moon and Mars. For these 3 there are pre-generated heightmaps that you download along with the system.
Then for some of the planets you can download high-resolution data out of World Studio, by your choice.

Very poetic captions, Artlav! You sure you aren't William re-incarnate? :p
And i thought they was just as witty as a drunk man's brilliant idea of making a starship by running socks thru soda bottles.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, not unless you tell it to, and never at run-time.
It generates terrain dynamically out of fractal functions for all bodies except Earth, Moon and Mars. For these 3 there are pre-generated heightmaps that you download along with the system.
Then for some of the planets you can download high-resolution data out of World Studio, by your choice.

So it won't use up bandwidth; I can use it independant of the internet?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
So it won't use up bandwidth; I can use it independant of the internet?
Yes. Orulex is independent from the internet, World Studio is not.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tried out orulex, put my Mars landing site under a hill, so I created a base to "craterise" it. Now, I can see under the terrain, a tiny little gap of sky. Any way to fix this?