• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I was considering branching into a Moon base or Moon space station construction in which we could launch some flights from OFSS.

Yes, yes, yes! The best thing I like about the idea of the OFSS was that there was a 'mission' to accomplish. To follow up with a Lunar station and Base is a logical (to me anyway) extension of the project.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think it would be good to continue with the station as it is.

I'm willing to help with the construction as I can, if you want me to.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Well, looking at the OFSS mission packs it seems Sammy has made and provided different config files for each vessel with 'ofss' added to the name. I really don't know why he's done this, maybe someone can shed some light on the reasons behind this? I was simply going to create scenarios using the config files provided with each addon.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
He made have modified the station components so that they would fit together in a better way, depending on the rotation of the docking ports.

I did that once for my space station.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
He made have modified the station components so that they would fit together in a better way, depending on the rotation of the docking ports.

I did that once for my space station.

That makes sense. After comparing the config files for OFSS I can see he added some code for attaching things to the XR5 as well as some other changes to some of the vessels. I was concerned we may not use the config files he already created, but it seems we'll need to anyway so I would vote to continue the station instead of starting over.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Keep in mind that once the station was assembled, he removed the custom configs and replaced them with the addon originals. Not sure if that offers any hints on their use, but I recall talking to him about it once.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Keep in mind that once the station was assembled, he removed the custom configs and replaced them with the addon originals. Not sure if that offers any hints on their use, but I recall talking to him about it once.

Yes, it seems some custom code is needed in the configs for attaching to the XR5. I didn't however realize that he changed it back to the defaults after each mission. I made some headway though figuring out what he's done so far. I'm sure we can continue from here. This weekend I'll sit down and start preparing the next set of missions.

anyway i can become a dgiv pilot?

We'll have plenty of supply flights to the station with DG4's. Let me get the next construction missions up then we'll draw up a plan for regular supply missions. The nice thing about the DG4 is we can haul actual cargo up and leave it docked to a port on the station in which the next DG4 pilot in line would swap out with a fresh cargo load each flight. :speakcool:

jinglesassy

Reaction score
The nice thing about the DG4 is we can haul actual cargo up and leave it docked to a port on the station in which the next DG4 pilot in line would swap out with a fresh cargo load each flight. :speakcool:

yep thats really the best thing about the dgiv especially if you attach a urms to it :)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'd love to get in on this. Can fly the shuttle fleet, XR2, XR5, and DGIV.

How to I join the group?

Also, been looking, but couldn't find, list of required addons...

Thanks,
n122vu

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can't access that page. It tells me that I don't have permission to do so.

That's very annoying. I like the concept of this project and would like to help out with it.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've sent you all an invite to join the group. :thumbup:

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thank you very much, Tex. I look forward to helping with the space station.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Tex,

I would be very interested in joining. I can fly the Soyuz/Progress, DG-IV, and default Atlantis (providing I get a problem with my autopilot fixed).

I would prefer to fly the Soyuz/Progress, but if anything else would be more convenient for you, that is OK. Maybe I could fly supplies to the station during construction?

Thanks.

Hmuda

Reaction score
Submitted a join request.

I can safely fly and bring back down a DGIV or an XR5. I can operate the URMS, which I use regularly for my own space station which is currently under construction.

This is my resumé.
picture.php

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
How can I submit a join request? I have written my 'CV' two posts above.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks Tex. Going to get a clean install going and practice one of these flights just to brush up on some things.

Regards,
n122vu

Status
Not open for further replies.