garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Correct, That along with a few other mesh addons. There isn't any terrain as such which is a shame but from orbit it is quite incredible.

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
Well... some sort of a Screenshot.
I just love the Arrow Freighter so its my wallpaper on my Galaxy Note 2.
I mixed up a bit of the 'Alien'-world in this...

In my scenarios the vessel is called USCSS Koloss (like USCSS Nostromo). Also the number of the vessel is 180287 (Nostromo is 180286).
Of course the 'Koloss' is also manufactured by Weyland-Yutani :lol:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get the Phoenix working soon. That Launch stack just looks beautiful in Anim8or.

And...

Was messing around a bit the other day, starting a bit on a Lunar-OB1 replacement. The current version is low-poly, only 1700 for the whole mesh, although more stuff will probably need to be added. Maybe if the end result is good enough, Martins will be willing to add it to the next Orbiter version. I always thought the docking ports needed to be visible...

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
nAVHMDI.png

"Prestige first"

Land at least 200 km from the chosen landing site.

Was planning to land at the Pacific (where, another aircraft carrier base was) but i was a bit too late for that and aimed for the Gulf of Mexico instead.

Another test, this time landing a bit closer and a different target with the CTV

fHlhCbR.png

UmmKlHx.png

SKwzICR.png

5VcwWRn.png

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
nAVHMDI.png

"Prestige first"

Land at least 200 km from the chosen landing site.

Was planning to land at the Pacific (where, another aircraft carrier base was) but i was a bit too late for that and aimed for the Gulf of Mexico instead.

Another test, this time landing a bit closer and a different target with the CTV

fHlhCbR.png

UmmKlHx.png

SKwzICR.png

5VcwWRn.png

Nice screenshots, but what CTV is that?

The Iron Hill Discovery has landed at Chao Meng-Fu Crater on Mercury. Hats off to the Pilot Solarliner! :tiphat:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Ah, I had thought that it was not working in Orbiter 2010. I shall download and try out later this week.

:download:

Well, the text on the HUD isn't working in 2010 with the D3D9 client. That's the only thing. So if you really want the HUD text, you should use Orbiter's own defaulft graphics client. If you don't care about the text, you can use the D3D9 too ;)

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, the text on the HUD isn't working in 2010 with the D3D9 client. That's the only thing. So if you really want the HUD text, you should use Orbiter's own defaulft graphics client. If you don't care about the text, you can use the D3D9 too ;)

You need to use the GDI compatibility mode to get the HUD stuff to show up. But that does have other drawbacks, such as no anti-aliasing.

And other bugs as well, such as the texture change for the re-entry does not work correctly.

In short, it would be lovely if CTV is updated to be fully D3D9 client compatible.

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
I decided to give myself a challenge and, everyday, "log on" my small base on the moon and do weird and worthless stuff and such for a month (starts at May 5, will end in early June...)

FKQPYBx.png

The modules from the outside (the date is erm...set exactly when lunar night starts. which sort of creeps me out because i'm afraid that some lunar alien will randomly pop-out of my screen and scare the :censored: out of me.

XvfL9K1.png

The mining unit, where i will mostly tinker for the rest of the stay.

t48MQ57.png

One of the modules from inside, really wish i had a bed (tables were hard to sleep on...) at least. >.>

ix7ombx.png

Installed a periscope and a camera on top of the "long" module

3YQKbMV.png

...and finally, a S-Band antenna on the control module.

The "conditions" for the challenge are..

- No going out in external view, only in the "virtual cockpit" view (inside the UMMU's visor)
- Die once, i have to restart from day 1.
- Produce at least 50 boxes of lunar rocks to transport back to Earth
- Always have the turbo pack on my back, incase of emergency...

Last edited: