Orbiter Space Aeronautics

Voyager

Reaction score
VSA name: Orbiter Space Aerounatics
Homebases: Edwards AFB, KSC, Cape Canaveral, Kourou, and Wideawake International.
Reusable Launch Crafts: DGIV, XR1, XR2, XR5, and Shuttle Fleet.
Launchers: Energia, Ariane series, Shuttle, Delta series
CEO: Voyager
Successful missions: None up to now
Workers: Alexw95, Shadow Addict, salon, cinder1992

We are a VSA determined to be Orbiter's finest. We will fly wherever you need and do whatever you want. We fly from Edwards, KSC, Cape, Kourou, and Wideawake International. We fly the DGIV's, the XR series, and Shuttle Fleet. We use several rocket launchers to boost modules that cannot be launched by our reusable craft. Our launchers are the Energia, the Ariane series, and the Delta series. Currently both social group and website are under construction.

Pilot Profile
(This is the profile you have when you request to join and when you are flying.)
Name:
Specialties:
Particular craft you like to fly:
What you are good at:
What you would like to be:
Why you want to join:

Last edited:

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Pilot profile: Alexw95
name Alex W
specialtys: reentary, transfers, launch, rendevous, landing,
craft i like to fly: xr series, DGIV, Shuttle, payload launchers, capsul based rocket
what i am good at, reentary rendevous, landing, docking, orbital ops, evas, orbital repairs.
what i would like to be: Launch, mission or general manager and a main pilot.
why i want to join: i would like to share my skills in orbiter and my managment skills i have been a manager for several virtual airlines and then i gained interest in orbiter.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity Alexw95, what VA's have you helped manage, and in what position?

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i have managed easernatlantic va a small start up va as a hub manager and i managed rockymountain va before ea as a regional manager

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Did either have pilot tracking clients, such as Virtual British airways does? If so, do you know how to make one?

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
Name: Shadow Addict
Specialties: I'm pretty good with the XR-series in general
Particular craft you like to fly: Doesn't matter to me
What you are good at: I can most stuff with at least a reasonable proficiency (takeoff, reentry, rendezvous, interplanetary, etc). Things that I'm not consistently able to do are slingshots around more than one planet, landing with a non-tailsitter (it's probably easier but for some reason it intimidates the hell out of me).
What you would like to be: Whatever's needed. I'd also be up for doing any kind of writing involved with the project (e.g. background information or whatnot), unless of course you have that all worked out yet.
Why you want to join: I love the idea of a VSA, and while they often don't work out I'd like to see one that did.

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
Name:Salun Tobias
Specialties:Trouble SHooting and R&D
Particular craft you like to fly:Im particually partial to perminate space infrastructure.
What you are good at:Trouble Shooting, Theoretical infrastructure and design. Thinking outside the box.
What you would like to be:Ground control and Design of Mission phases. Sales Engineering sort of thing.
Why you want to join:Why not?

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did either have pilot tracking clients, such as Virtual British airways does? If so, do you know how to make one?

Yes we were basednon the vcas client but unfortunitly I don't knowbhow yo make one but I could ask my dad if he could try to make one he is an programming engineer so ya

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Yes we were basednon the vcas client but unfortunitly I don't knowbhow yo make one but I could ask my dad if he could try to make one he is an programming engineer so ya

Please do so. If one was made for orbiter, it could help all VSAs

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please do so. If one was made for orbiter, it could help all VSAs

Yes for sure I will ask him when I get home from school tomorow I don't think it would be that hard you could make it as an mfd and then have it show the fuel used get time oxygen used errors too like heatsheild Eva time all that stuff then you could Export a file from the mfd and load it to your va server

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Oh look, another internet space agency :rofl:

Just a question: Did any of you guys ever get past making a website and posting a couple of mission reports?

I really don't think the whole 'virtual airline' model is suited to orbiter.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I really don't think the whole 'virtual airline' model is suited to orbiter.

I think it could really work - if you do it with some discipline and have really skilled people inside the VSA. The ratio between newbies and veterans has to be right, and the veterans have to take some joy in the successes of the newbies. Having also people to develop some basic flight logging tools or custom payloads is also helpful. Mostly you need people to give the VSA members something, that flying alone couldn't give them. Multiplayer would be helpful, but not needed. Something like the OFMM or the OFSS projects for example is practically a VSA without all the ballast that destroys the idea of a VSA.

But I personally give this VSA here maximal 8 weeks, if they don't suddenly get enlightened.

Last edited:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I think it could really work - if you do it with some discipline and have really skilled people inside the VSA. The ratio between newbies and veterans has to be right, and the veterans have to take some joy in the successes of the newbies. Having also people to develop some basic flight logging tools or custom payloads is also helpful.

I'm actually trying to develop (or rather, find people to develop) logging tools for a VSA. I want to start one, but I want to have everything figured out before I do, so it won't be a failure and a waste of time. Ideas for a logging method can be found in this here thread.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm actually trying to develop (or rather, find people to develop) logging tools for a VSA. I want to start one, but I want to have everything figured out before I do, so it won't be a failure and a waste of time. Ideas for a logging method can be found in this here thread.

If you don't want it to be a waste of time, start simple. You can't begin with all features, and seeing all features coming at you can sometimes make you miss the forest because of all those trees in your sight.

If you can write log data to a SQLite database and back, this would be already a great start.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
my dad said that he is going to take a look at the way it "plugs in "to orbiter and he will see what he could do he doesnt have that much time to work on it because he is in school learning to program. but i think he will give it a try it might be simple at first then some one can add on to it..

if all fails dan steph i see has a simular program for fsx we could beg him to make one

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
Pilot Profile

Name: Neil "Cinder" Ray
Specialties: Docking, transfer, interplanetary, interstellar, logistics
Particular craft you like to fly: Shuttle A MK2, Delta Glider, DGIV, XR Series
What you are good at: I can do things with an XR2 that would make the blue angels cry, I can also do things with a Delta Glider that would make safety officers go ballistic.
What you would like to be: pilot, logistics officer.
Why you want to join: just for the fun of it.

Voyager

Reaction score
Made the social group, its in my profile. Still cant find a good website domain to start a website. Also everyone who has joined please join the social group.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Made the social group, its in my profile. Still cant find a good website domain to start a website. Also everyone who has joined please join the social group.

I'd suggest hosting your own. I'm using Joomla! as a content management system for my own single person VSA -> http://orbiter.gdwnet.com - It makes it much easier to set the site up how YOU want without all those annoying adverts.

Please, please, PLEASE do not host it on a site like freewebs. It'll look like you aren't serious.

Voyager

Reaction score
Well, currently I do not have a budget to buy a website domain for now. Most likely will have it here.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
But I personally give this VSA here maximal 8 weeks, if they don't suddenly get enlightened.

SIMNasa worked but I think that a VSA needs to have a series of programs in mind, a few flight manifests and a training programme before ever getting a ship into orbit. There was some discussion on this topic on orbiterradio.