News R.I.P. Paul Walker ('Fast And The Furious' Actor Dies In Car Crash)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Agreed. Deeply saddened by this.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Life can be very ironic, sometimes.

Pablo49

Reaction score
The Fast and Furious movies are garbage. I mean, it sucks anyone dies ever, but as an actor, he did nothing memorable.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, not a F&F fan but I admit they're good and mindless fun. And by the way he was in "Flags of our Fathers".
Sorry about Paul Walker, sounds like he was a nice guy and he also leaves a family behind.

Last edited:

Proximus

Reaction score
The Fast and Furious movies are garbage. I mean, it sucks anyone dies ever, but as an actor, he did nothing memorable.

I was a bigger fan of the film drive of the same genre, but as ghostrider said, good mindless fun IMO.

Pablo49

Reaction score
I was a bigger fan of the film drive of the same genre, but as ghostrider said, good mindless fun IMO.
I wouldn't call Drive the same genre as F&F. Unless movies with cars in them is a genre.

Mantis

Reaction score
Ironically, Paul Walker was reportedly the victim of a death hoax this past Friday - only one day before he actually died. It created a great deal of confusion when reports of his actual demise began to circulate.

E

ex-orbinaut

Though I never waited with bated breath for the next one, the Fast and Furious saga gave me some good laughs. I am a bit more moved by this news than I might have expected, probably because of its "untimeliness". RIP.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

A couple of months ago I nearly posted this article here on the forum. Don't know if else anyone did, but it was similarly ironic.

Proximus

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Drive the same genre as F&F. Unless movies with cars in them is a genre.

Exactly, car based movie action :thumbup: (with perhaps the exception of cars that turn into other stuff then back into cars at will :nono: ).

MattBaker

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what someone has played and what kind of genre it is and who hates that kind of stuff.
It matters that a human died. It matters that a human that was...noteworthy or a role-model, a motivation, an aspiration, a likeable character died. A human that people liked to witness and even if it's just for a couple of hours of mindless entertainment. He entertained people with his work and he brought joy to them. Which is pretty much the only thing that matters in this world.

Even if I've never seen one of his roles, the fact that other fellow orbinauts liked his makes me say: Godspeed Mr Walker.:tiphat:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can only imagine the speed they were going. The wreckage is just total.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I can only imagine the speed they were going. The wreckage is just total.

Yeah. I thought TMZ was exaggerating with "crash, fire, explosion" since...it's TMZ. Very Hollywood how he (they*) went out. I'm not usually one to be affected by a celebrity death, especially one I'm not familiar with, but it's very hard to look at the scene of the accident without at least awe. You can be sure it was quick and painless and there's solace in that, but it was still very violent.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
My condolences to his family, friends, and fans. Actually, a few weeks ago while on the interstate into Atlanta, there was a pickup truck completely engulfed in flames in the middle of the road. The fire department had only just arrived as I was passing it...