Humor Random Comments Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Had the opportunity to take a flight in a Cessna 172 out of Orio al Serio airport:

If only flying weren't so hilariously expensive here.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36912700

Australia is to shift its longitude and latitude to address a gap between local co-ordinates and those from global navigation satellite systems (GNSS).

Local co-ordinates, used to produce maps and measurements, and global ones differ by more than 1m.

The body responsible for the change said it would help the development of self-driving cars, which need accurate location data to navigate.

Australia moves about 7cm north annually because of tectonic movements.

Bit early for Lirpa Loof, so must be valid. Nice use of Kangaroo

N.

Unstung

Reaction score
Regaining my basic Blender knowledge to make my first new video in nearly three years:

bDAxAi9.png

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Happy Anniversary Update, Windows 10!
(also, what the :censored: I thought Java was sandboxed)

Only for Applets and JavaWebStart. beyond that, you are free to cause as much damage to the system as you like.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
ybtVVCY.png

This has to hurt the ears just a little bit.

Someone made a Red Storm Rising campaign for Dangerous Waters, and this is the second mission based off of the Hold Down exercise the Pharris ran just before the war started. Imagine a Perry's Active Sonar banging away incessantly at ~300 yds, and you'd probably want it to cease, too.

Thar she blows, cap'n.

3b5N85h.png

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
A man just jumped from 25,000ft without a parachute and landed in a 100ft x 100ft net.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
If it isn't, man am I pissed for spending that much time in school on the subject.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
God does not derive.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
No Man's Sky subreddit as according to the No Man's Sky subreddit:
6o9bQyb.png

I never fully understood the hype. It's a triple-A game in the vein of numerous mediocre indie games. I'm sure it's reasonably fun for a while, but I think I can get just as much fun from similar $15 games on Steam. Explore, craft, survive; that's the popular 'genre' of the last few years.
I'll pick it up on sale and probably have hours and hours of enjoyment. But it ain't revolutionary.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I never fully understood the hype. It's a triple-A game in the vein of numerous mediocre indie games.
And can you understand some people's question in these indie games' Steam hubs: "which one is better?" when one of them hasn't been yet released and another hasn't been yet finished (but released in Early Access)? :p

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
To be a bit more positive, I feel like I should mention a game done right.

INSIDE is the latest game from the indie studio that made Limbo.

It's a similar game to Limbo but with an even more beautiful art style, lots of novel gameplay mechanics, and an enthralling 'story'/universe.

Every scene appears very carefully crafted in its visuals, events, sounds, and so on. I think it is an example of what game developers should strive for.

(Bear in mind if interested: the main complaint on Steam is that it is too short)