Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Two weeks without the wife at home and there is now nothing in the refrigerator except beer and mustard.

I live in luxury. For me its beer, pepsi, mustard and Sambal oelek after two weeks. The vegetable drawer in the fridge is perfectly made for storing beer, why store vegetables there?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well have a new record evacuation because of a UXO in Germany next Sunday, 70,000 people will have to leave their houses in Frankfurt.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Well have a new record evacuation because of a UXO in Germany next Sunday, 70,000 people will have to leave their houses in Frankfurt.

Being an excavator driver must require a whole new level of insanity over there. Good luck.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
So, today I went at the Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix at Monza and while having a net between the stands and the road kind of made it difficult to get decent pictures of the cars, bringing the camera was not completely wasted:

TE5SvYi.jpg

iohNhey.jpg

cmp3uIj.jpg

QfY6u5I.jpg

Last edited:

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score

Is property damage compensated in any way if a UXO should happen to detonate? Do they have UXO insurance or something? I'm not sure that having your home or business obliterated due to a 70-year old bomb is considered an act of God.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Is property damage compensated in any way if a UXO should happen to detonate? Do they have UXO insurance or something? I'm not sure that having your home or business obliterated due to a 70-year old bomb is considered an act of God.

Well, I think warfare tends do be written out of insurance policies as well as acts of God, so either way it wouldn't be covered by most insurance.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...as well as acts of God

Acts of God are covered by our property insurance. They're one of the major reasons we have it.
Now, I wouldn't expect this to apply to active warfare, but I would certainly expect the case of UXO damage to be at lest coverable by additional insurance, maybe it's by default.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, I think warfare tends do be written out of insurance policies as well as acts of God, so either way it wouldn't be covered by most insurance.

Depends on your insurance. We have a concept here with the nice long German word "Kriegsausschlussklausel", which is a special clause in your insurance contract saying that the insurer won't pay for any damages caused by war events without exception. Most building or household insurances have this clause, but not all - which means you can be lucky and the insurance will pay.

If the insurance does not pay, you might be the lucky target of friendly donations. This happened in Berlin, but AFAIK not in Munich.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
When a simulation gets overly realistic:

In Euro Truck Simulator 2, it looks like United Kingdom is no longer an European country... at least for the current delivery event "Trade connections - France". :rofl:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was in a doom kind of mood so I spun up my old Garrard record changer and stacked up three of my favorite doom metal records: Electric Wizard's Dopethrone, Sleep's Holy Mountain, and Black Sabbath's first album, in that order. I cranked it up and while the music played I busied myself with various things around the house.

Until Black Sabbath's side 2 came on. You know a record is a masterpiece when it's so good you just drop whatever else you are doing and just go sit in front of the speakers and drink it all in. The song Warning is just soooo good, and the whole album just has the best sound, that bluesy demonic thing going on, and that band was just amazing.

I heard somewhere that they went into the studio and recorded that whole album in just a few hours, not having enough money for more. Incredible.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Reminds me on the Stiff Upper Lip album of AC/DC, which they also recorded pretty quickly in a few months and very few takes... one of the greatest records they ever did IMHO, especially because of the less distorted sound leaving more room for the guitar players to show their ability...

I remember first listening to the album while giving a friend guitar lessons (which is some kind of ironic. I'm the worst guitar player in town.) and I just needed to hear the opening riff of "House of Jazz" once and played it synchronously on my guitar on the second time. It was so simple and so natural - my hands knew themselves how to play this as if this riff was built-in.

Still... the most epic guitar work of the Young brothers is still the song Black Ice. IMHO. Not the hardest song of them, not the fastest. Not even the loudest.

steph

Reaction score
Warning is epic, especially the second part. Also, Fairies wear boots. Used to have them on my running playlist a while ago. That early period had a bit of a magic touch. That being said, you know they're good when they keep sounding just as well through several style and line-up changes.

AC/DC has that simple, intuitive sound. I remember reading that the Young brothers pretty much used a single musical scale or progression or what's it called . Not that that would be bad. They're a very "honest" band in what they are and how they sound. And they spawned an entire new genre with bands like Airbourne, Rhino Bucket, 77 etc. They take on the AC/DC sound, but I wouldn't really call them rip-offs. Of course, for example , the singer from 77 sounds strikingly similar to Bon Scott. Why they picked Axl Rose for the replacement and not someone more appropriate is beyond me, especially since apparently people were really trying to to offer them options. Not that I have anything against Rose, he has his place, but he's even more of a wreck than Brian Johnson, and he's prone to mishaps during the shows. THe only thing that he's got going for him is that he can still sing (sort of), though not really in the style of AC/DC .The guy from 77 or Airbourne could really have filled those shoes, and those guys were practically begging for a chance like that.

My laptop started losing the time lately if it stays closed more than a few hours. I should look for a way to get it to update the time automatically on startup, it's getting annoying to do it manually all the time.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why they picked Axl Rose for the replacement and not someone more appropriate is beyond me, especially since apparently people were really trying to to offer them options. Not that I have anything against Rose, he has his place, but he's even more of a wreck than Brian Johnson, and he's prone to mishaps during the shows. THe only thing that he's got going for him is that he can still sing (sort of), though not really in the style of AC/DC .The guy from 77 or Airbourne could really have filled those shoes, and those guys were practically begging for a chance like that.

I think that this is actually a good point for Rose - he is no Bon Scott double, despite superficially living the same way. Also when watching the first shows with him still having a broken leg: He was really burning, enjoying being on stage with AC/DC and I never heard anything bad about him during this tour. He had the needed energy for fronting this band, which is something rare. No surprise he is rumored to stay lead singer of AC/DC. He not simply tries to fit into a too large hole, he simply is Axl Rose.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't consider AC/DC to really be a band anymore; the only classic lineup member left is Angus. And I really can't stand Rose; neither his voice nor his personality hold any value for me. Given Angus' lack of tolerance fro nonsense and Axl's reputation for being a giant D bag I can't imagine how those two get along very well.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Yay car shopping! :dry:

It's actually not so bad. The solution seems to be converging on a 2013 Honda Fit Sport, 5-speed automatic, 80k miles, $9500. Comes from Vermont, single owner, regular maintenance recorded at the dealership. Going to a used car dealer in W. Mass to examine the goods in person tomorrow with flashlight, inspection mirror, and rags.

The 2013 Fit was the last model year without CVT. I have heard that the CVTs have been having reliability issues (transmission dies catastrophically soon after extended warranty expires, $5000+ to replace) and want to see the full lifetime track record of CVT reliability before adopting that.

I figure with three used cars I have a fighting chance of keeping any two running so me and Mrs. Thunder Chicken can get to work.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
The Fit is a better than decent car, in my somewhat limited experience. Plenty of head and legroom for my 6'2" frame.