Humor Random Comments Thread

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
6d6onbfe93pa5as6g.jpg

I never imagined that the Stihl 070 chainsaw was so big! Must be 2stroke stages.

Nah, gas turbine.

[ame="https://youtu.be/_Aog-6mFPcY?t=54"]Jetsaw Project - YouTube[/ame]

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar

Wonderful, what a beautiful sound!.

Must be the new strategy to prevent product clones... enter all dimensions in ångström.

The clones of Stihl and other brands in my country are majority. It is very common to see in the online stores of our country false products, most of the time flagrant fakes.

At least this UCGO charge is not going to be a fake, it's going to be a collectible chainsaw:

1i55vtj3rv857vi6g.jpg

r486474gq6004o36g.jpg

dlya6q61stvt8f56g.jpg

How beautiful was the old Stihl logo!

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh wait, are we posting crazy ridonkulous chainsaws now? I often like to imagine a contest between Americans and Russians to see whose rednecks can build the coolest stuff. I can imagine the Russians winning with a nuclear-powered chainsaw...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-kyap7IAE"]Ultimate ChainSaw - V8 Power - YouTube[/ame]

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Oh wait, are we posting crazy ridonkulous chainsaws now? I often like to imagine a contest between Americans and Russians to see whose rednecks can build the coolest stuff. I can imagine the Russians winning with a nuclear-powered chainsaw...

Ultimate ChainSaw - V8 Power - YouTube

Y'know, I know some guys around here who will take that as a challenge. :lol:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Who actually doesn't get a brain cramp trying to navigate that awful tile interface?

ClassicShell is quite helpful with that. Well, should definitively be part of Win10. Let the user choose !

Oh and I was flying a bit of DCS with the Su25T. Really new to that. That IR sensor is efficient, but not exactly pilot-friendly. That plane could use a gunner/navigator seat. Anyways, I was like "hehe let's surprise those tanks with an "handbrake turn" using airbrakes". I was flying over 800 km/h. Weird noise, then found the turn radius really disapointing. And then no way to retract the airbrakes. Still performed my attack run, but given an harder and harder roll to left, accuracy was near zero. Then I noticed I snapped the right wing tip during the turn and was running out of hydraulic fluid. Duh. Eject. :bailout:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Can someone explain to me why this company thought it was a good idea to name their product "Soylent"? :lol:
I'm pretty sure i've asked, but can't remember what the answer was...
The thing itself looked far from appetizing, that much i remember.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
my car got damaged in the company garage, now I have the fun. Waiting in line for the service desk hotline, insurances etc.... I already hate it, it was way easier to handle about 20 years ago, when I just called my insurance agent directly and everything got handled by the insurances...

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

And more joy... half of the front bumper deformed and damaged, full replacement needed, costs 1300€ and that's quite a bargain according to the mechanic. It can already exceed 1900€ on a VW Golf with all sensors and lights including ACC.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
that's quite a bargain
What's with car parts and insane prices these days?

A few years ago the rear view camera broke on my Hyundai, and a replacement was going to be $500 official or $300 from China.

I took it apart, fixed $1 worth of a problem (corrosion on the PCB due to bad seal), and it worked ever since.

A deformed front bumper sounds like a hammer job, or at worst a new $10 piece of metal/plastic and a few minutes to move all the wiring over to it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A deformed front bumper sounds like a hammer job, or at worst a new $10 piece of metal/plastic and a few minutes to move all the wiring over to it.

Its a plastic component, so a hammer won't make it better. Also its a painted part, which again makes it harder to fix. Also the ultrasonic sensors are part of the bumper assembly it seems.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm curious how much it would cost to replace all the car parts... probably the brand new worth with a factor of 100 or 1000.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm curious how much it would cost to replace all the car parts... probably the brand new worth with a factor of 100 or 1000.

Approximately 30%-80% more I would estimate. Quite many people sell their old car in parts than as whole, because it is more profitable even for used parts.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Ha! My most expensive car-related bill ever (appart from buying a car) was for the front bumper of an SUV that I happened to overlook when reversing out of the parking lot at night. Complete with integrated fog lights and "screen whippers" for the main lights, including a spray system. Darn thing set me back over a thousand bucks...

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Random hilarity from the spouse today. She went to the mall to pick up something in a store and a cosmetics store was doing free samples with "professional" cosmeticians applying the makeup. Free is a good price, so she sat down and let them do their thing.

When she got home she burst through the door nearly in tears, made for the paper towels, and started wiping off copious amounts of green eye shadow, black eye liner, and maybe some glitter, all while muttering "They made me look like a :censored:ing whore!"

I just about died laughing.

EDIT: It is maybe funnier if you consider that my wife is of Irish descent, really fair skin and freckles.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Approximately 30%-80% more I would estimate. Quite many people sell their old car in parts than as whole, because it is more profitable even for used parts.

So happy with my 1995 Renault "Clio" (got from my grand-father when he stopped driving). The only real electronic thing is the fuel injection (which is very handy, I remember cars you had to fight with to start them in winter). I'll have to get some things fixed soon though. 3/4 of the dashboard lights are dead, meaning you only see half of speed indicator at night. Also the pump engine or maybe the circuit breaker of the windshield cleaner died recently. Gasoline, 63HP. No ABS. Direct steering. Perfect for day-to-day town use. Noisy on the highway, but the 43 liters fuel tank allows to drive 600 kilometers in a go, which wasn't bad for that category of "economic small cars".

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Often I just put my computer in sleep mode and only cycle the power every few days. For some reason when I turned it back on today all my passwords had to be reentered on every website I frequent. That was strange and a bit rude.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Starting unit 2 first ever refueling outage. We'll see how this one goes...

(how far off target that is)