Humor Random Comments Thread

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, I thought it was a Lirpa Loof, but seems not.

If I ever get the nerve, may tell the time I took a wrong turn after leaving the bathroom at 2am, and locked myself out of my flat...your worst nightmare.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes, I thought it was a Lirpa Loof, but seems not.

If I ever get the nerve, may tell the time I took a wrong turn after leaving the bathroom at 2am, and locked myself out of my flat...your worst nightmare.

N.

Its like you never expect a NBC alert because somebody could get the idea that it is smart to dry his wet wool socks with a hair dryer at night resulting in nauseating miasma...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
You probably had company though?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You probably had company though?

N.

I got a bit pale when it turned out to be my room and feared the worst for my stuff, but luckily, the culprit was my roommate and the worst damage was fixed by opening all windows and buying many air fresheners. :lol:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Could have been worse, could have been a wet dog!

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Could have been worse, could have been a wet dog!

N.

Especially if its a wet Collie. My old raincoat still starts to smell like a wet dog years after the cause went over the rainbow bridge.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Just watching the Commonwealth Games opening, someone has a sense of humour, managed to get a VW Campervan into the torch relay!.

N.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Commonwealth Games are finally here. I'll be honest, I am a little pumped.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
"Can't sue us because we don't have any customers. Can't sue our subsidiaries because there's an arbitration agreement somewhere. We can add anything we want to your bill at any time."

U.S. ISPs are truly the incarnation of evil.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...lawsuit-by-claiming-that-it-has-no-customers/

Any chance that this can even work? Sounds like pretty rubbish to my ears. If you demand money from somebody as company, who is no other company, a special subset of civil law applies. Yes, you have a customer. And this customer has more rights than you have in all western countries.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Heads up for people that like learning new stuff:

Udemy currently has a sale for, as far I can see, all its courses, with prices being over 90% off. I'm not sure if all courses have lifetime access, but all I've checked out do, so this is a great opportunity to stock up your knowledge resources.

Like, I think I could buy a lot more knowledge for 500 bucks today than I got during my 2 years of "developer school" for 30'000.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Aaaand the stackoverflow militia has now gone from correcting my typoes long before ever getting an answer to changing the fonts I'm using.
I don't feel insulted or hurt in my pride or anything, it's just... What kind of person has time for such a thing?

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Aaaand the stackoverflow militia has now gone from correcting my typoes long before ever getting an answer to changing the fonts I'm using.
I don't feel insulted or hurt in my pride or anything, it's just... What kind of person has time for such a thing?

He sure must be anally retentive in Freudian theory.

I know a few "developers" who would be perfectly qualified for this: They would never fix a single bug or write proper software. But they would manually fix indentation, camel-case and document every changed line with their name, date and reason for editing.

steph

Reaction score
Here's a weird one...I started getting water infiltrations on the ceiling where I live, along the pipes for the kitchen water. Over the last two days, this extended to the light switches so I suppose water is seeping through the electric cable routes. Now I can't switch the light on in my room because there's that electric buzzing noise at the switch whenever it's on. It's on the opposite side of the wall with the filtrations, but has no visible water marks itself. To top it off, the upstairs neighbor, from whom this stuff supposedly originates, is a pretty violent guy (as the almost daily beatings his wife endures can attest,it's very audible) and told me in no uncertain terms that he's not involved and won't cooperate.Being orthodox easter around here, everything's closed until at least Monday. The fuses are old-school. Haven't been able to turn them off. There's a button on each, but it seems seized.
Now I'm sleeping at the gf and the thing that gnaws on my brain is: Should I go home in case something happens, or is it better to stay put in case something does happen. Since I can't turn off the current, water seems a no-no in case of a fire.I'm also a heavy sleeper, so I probably won't wake up if something happens

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Definitely time to go, problem isn't caused by you, and the "neighbour" will never help.
Cut your loses and depart.

N.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here's a weird one...I started getting water infiltrations on the ceiling where I live, along the pipes for the kitchen water. Over the last two days, this extended to the light switches so I suppose water is seeping through the electric cable routes. Now I can't switch the light on in my room because there's that electric buzzing noise at the switch whenever it's on. It's on the opposite side of the wall with the filtrations, but has no visible water marks itself. To top it off, the upstairs neighbor, from whom this stuff supposedly originates, is a pretty violent guy (as the almost daily beatings his wife endures can attest,it's very audible) and told me in no uncertain terms that he's not involved and won't cooperate.Being orthodox easter around here, everything's closed until at least Monday. The fuses are old-school. Haven't been able to turn them off. There's a button on each, but it seems seized.
Now I'm sleeping at the gf and the thing that gnaws on my brain is: Should I go home in case something happens, or is it better to stay put in case something does happen. Since I can't turn off the current, water seems a no-no in case of a fire.I'm also a heavy sleeper, so I probably won't wake up if something happens

Is this a rental? If so, shouldn't the landlord be on the hook for taking care of this?

I would definitely try to get out as soon as possible. Get your stuff out before a fire starts or you get water damage to your belongings.

As for your wife-beating neighbor, there's no way I could stand by while that goes on. I'd be calling the cops on him every time I hear it. And prepared to defend myself from the inevitable retaliation.