Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
29 here... Must be fake news. :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Didn't know what it is, so I looked up the syntax. Looks almost... Lisp-y?? :blink:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Didn't know what it is, so I looked up the syntax. Looks almost... Lisp-y?? :blink:

I would say, that's a mortal insult to LISP, but yes, it uses Polish notation as well.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Just read about something strange that happened at the Kassel Volkwagen plant. A large piece of the roof got blown away, but no debris inside the hall. No signs for any tornadic events. Still its attributed to a dust devil, but the explanation is highly dubious. dust devils don't require colder air to form and are more common during the early afternoon. Also there was little wind shear around on that day.

Now, my question is: Does somebody know similar events? And could it be possible that the roof got damaged by overpressure because of the heat?

https://www.hna.de/kassel/windhose-volkswagen-vw-10072114.html

I wouldn't discount a small tornado or dust devil. You just need a strong wind and something to create a local wind shear (wind blowing past an obstacle will do). We don't get large tornadoes frequently where I live but in the hill towns get small ones that will create localized damage like this during otherwise benign summer storms.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I wouldn't discount a small tornado or dust devil. You just need a strong wind and something to create a local wind shear (wind blowing past an obstacle will do). We don't get large tornadoes frequently where I live but in the hill towns get small ones that will create localized damage like this during otherwise benign summer storms.

Well, I have seen really many dust devils this hot summer (We have a omega block over Europe since April. Only hot and dry for months), but what disturbs me is that the damage is VERY localized and all debris is outside.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Just read about something strange that happened at the Kassel Volkwagen plant. A large piece of the roof got blown away, but no debris inside the hall. No signs for any tornadic events. Still its attributed to a dust devil, but the explanation is highly dubious. dust devils don't require colder air to form and are more common during the early afternoon. Also there was little wind shear around on that day.

Now, my question is: Does somebody know similar events? And could it be possible that the roof got damaged by overpressure because of the heat?

https://www.hna.de/kassel/windhose-volkswagen-vw-10072114.html

Oddly specific prank of some sort? :idk:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
"Today, 7 August, 2018, human spaceflight will be half as old as powered human air flight. A total of 20,936 days elapsed between the Wright Brothers' first flight on 17 December, 1903 - and Yuri Gagarin's launch on 12 April, 1961. It has now been 20,936 days since 12 April, 1961."

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
- "That timelapse you're rendering from our webcam, can we have that in 4k?"

- "That wouldn't really make that much sense. The automated timelapse is only intended for quick web-publication. If you have a larger presentation, we can render you a 4k timelapse manually without all the artifacts that come with the automated solution."

- "No, no, we want to publicise the current timelapse on our website in 4k!"

- "That's not advisable, most people don't even have a monitor to view 4k."

- "That doesn't matter, we want it in 4k on our website!"

- "Uhm, ok, but that puts additional strain on our servers. We'll have to bill you extra."

- "sure, no problem!"

a few days later:

- "Hello, we made the changes, your timelapse is now in 4k."

- "Thanks so much! It looks great on my cellphone!"

GRAH! :beathead:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Funnily, they already name it 4K, when the display has just 2500 pixels.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Hengelis, one of my favourites!

Those hens are pushing their luck, Norfolk has the UK's biggest turkey breeder...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90kC--xjLaQ"]Bernard Matthews Turkey Breast Roast advert 1980 - YouTube[/ame]

Edit:
In case you are wondering, all turkey/chicken farms here are disguised as old stately-homes.
Seems to work.

N.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A 53 km long and 300 m wide oil spill has been located by a helicopter near the German island of Heligoland. The origin of the oil is still unknown, all German oil cleaning ships are dispatched, but are unable to recover the oil, which already clumped and dropped below the surface. It looks like some ship had been illegally cleaning its oil tanks offshore.