Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
As far as I can see, they understand the concept being employed well enough. What they don't seem to get is the logic that lead to that specific lookup table.

Yes, that is what I mean - there are not many valid lookup tables possible. Maybe even just one that works out.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
But there's no guarantee that that one valid lookup table can be found by any method but brute force.

Not sure - graph theory might say something else. But how many people are into this?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't think this is how plane babies are made, but it may not be far off...

But we can be sure that plane babys are made, because they are observed in the wild, like this caring mother carrying her new-born baby spy plane to a calm watering hole....

LockheedM21-D21.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Before radios, German pilots signaled an affirmative response to a question with a rudder turn.

Because the three primary flight axes are pitch, roll, and ja.

:leaving:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New in the category "random game ideas that I'll never have the time to do anything with": A kind of hybrid dirigible/submarine sim, but set in a cloud layer of a gas giant...

Ha, the wife is just sending the kid on an errand to get something at a nearby store. It's his first "shopping trip" on his own. He's all like "Forward unto ADVENTUUUUURE!"

:lol:

Last edited:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Outer Wilds is a very interesting game. It takes one look at KSP's toy solar system and says "hold my beer and watch this", and next thing you know, you've challenged yourself to make a round trip to the moon and back... with a jetpack. Given actual Newtonian mechanics and gravity, and the lack of decent instrumentation of ones orbital elements, doing this without pancaking into the ground (or a cliff face) is tricky.

And that's just when you're goofing off instead of working on the plot.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm pretty strict with myself when it comes to "don't drink and code", but apparently the state occasionally leads to strokes of genious that mere sober mortals are incapable of comprehending. Including the person who wrote it, once sobered up:
https://www.techspot.com/news/85622-nobody-sure-what-makes-atari-2600-game-entombed.html
:lol:

For me that just resulted in a minor error, whereby I mixed up VECTOR3 mul(), and VECTOR3 tmul().

Took me 3 days to find...:cheers::facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
For me that just resulted in a minor error, whereby I mixed up VECTOR3 mul(), and VECTOR3 tmul().

Took me 3 days to find...:cheers::facepalm:

I mistyped a single "i" with a "j" in a matrix multiplication implementation, took me a while to find...

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fixed an issue with one of our nightly builds that was caused by a test that only failed if run at a moment in time where UTC and CET were not the same day.

Nullability is often called the "billion-dollar-mistake" of software, in terms of time spent to fix issues arising from it. Rotating, it turns out, is the billion-dollar-mistake of the earth! :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So this hit me out of nowhere:

I'm a bit worried by the generic blandness of the trailer... let's hope they don't do a starship troopers kind of adaptation (although maybe not the best example. That was a hell of a movie in its own right...)

I am definitely excited about modern "TV" starting to pick up the classics. Hopefully this won't be a rocky start...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
although maybe not the best example. That was a hell of a movie in its own right...

Considering how well it characterizes modern Internet and Social Media despite predating even the early WWW....Yeah. It might have been smarter to not call it Starship Troopers though.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
After many, many years, the correspondence between Governor General Kerr and the Queen has now been released.

https://www.naa.gov.au/explore-collection/kerr-palace-letters

May interest UK users.

In 1975, there was a constitutional crisis where the GG sacked the PM and held an election. It was unclear what if any, role the Queen had in the matter, but it is clear that none is the answer.