Humor Random Comments Thread

steph

Reaction score
More fun of course. One of the involved figures would be named "Henry XIII" in English. And Shakespeare would really have loved it.
It's apparently a thing that has happened in several countries. Disgraced loyals seemingly turn to doing shady businesses. Though, I don't expect Harry to start smuggling coke or something (yet). Coup d'etat is quite a high requirement tho. You'd need to have the army's collaboration AND the general population's. Unlikely to have succeeded even it they had managed to take the building

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's apparently a thing that has happened in several countries. Disgraced loyals seemingly turn to doing shady businesses. Though, I don't expect Harry to start smuggling coke or something (yet). Coup d'etat is quite a high requirement tho. You'd need to have the army's collaboration AND the general population's. Unlikely to have succeeded even it they had managed to take the building

I agree, it has more the potential for a successful act of terrorism than for a successful coup. Alone the fact, that 3000 police officers had been involved today without any information about the arrests leaking to the suspects, is a pretty good sign.

But then, even an unsuccessful coup could destabilize the country a lot.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
They also tried to get support by Russia, but I doubt they can expect much from there in the future....
it’s not clear what they hoped for, money for such groups has not left the US Capitol for a long time they are plundered without leaving congress

steph

Reaction score
it’s not clear what they hoped for, money for such groups has not left the US Capitol for a long time they are plundered without leaving congress
Well, it is widely believed that Russia is usually behind this kind of affairs, because Vova wants a divided Europe. Possibly something to do with Austria, which is basically a known KGB den, except they're not vocal about it, like Hungary. The US, at least under Biden, would have zero reasons to do this. Btw, how's the blast at the nearby airport getting reported? Another case of DImitri smoking by the fuel tanks?

Speaking of 'royalties' (and I don't mean the unofficial tsar), I'm amazed by the level of inflated ego they have. France doesn't have much royalty left, I guess, but there is plenty of nobility. One such 'noble' old lady showed up at my workplace at the beginning of the pandemic, demanding a covid test when that existed only in Paris and the big cities or perhaps not even there. That, besides being closing time. The simplest way would have been to just lie that she's a contact case etc and, maaaybe, something could have been done, even if it probably would have involved a long drive to a bigger hospital or a 'civil protection' ambulance taking her there. Of course, she proceded to make a huge scandal, demanding that she get tested 'imperatively' then and there. Impossible, of course. When she asked 'do you know who I am?', we thought she'll do like in that exam joke and do a getaway, since even the top surgeon tried to calm her down, and got only rants and borderline insults. Then she told us she was nobility , and was apparently amazed nobody fell over themselves to please her. Saw her waiting in the main hall some time ago, probably on unrelated reasons, complaining to someone about how the castle heating is costing her a fortune :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah, and there was this case of some princeling getting investigated for bribery. It's unclear whether he actually intended it to be fraud etc, or he simply imagined he'd talk to the politicians (who barely even knew him personally) and they'd just go 'yes sir(. Of course, he left his home country. Got discovered some time later living in Paris, off family donations or the bribe itself. But the way he got caught is surprising. He used to always drink his coffee at some posh parisian restaurant. When pandemic restrictions got lifted, he kept wearing a mask, despite being basically the only one around to do so (perhaps except the personnel). He thought he'd be recognized, despite nobody there giving any f about who he was. One of the waiters reported to the police that there's a guy who keeps his mask on and seems suspicious (probably not tipping either), they took a look at the surveillance footage and, lo and behold, he was on an international wanted list :D

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, France of course is our second favourite combatant.......

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, German nobility mostly exists for two things since 1918: Coups and entertainment. ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Video unavailable. In France, at least

Same in Germany. Was likely highly offensive british humor. Like mentioning that WW2 actually happened and was not a video game.

Today is the day of infamy again. Lets hope it won't be forgotten before the USS Arizona has completely rusted away.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Pidgeons are cheaper than nobility, and can provide both things.

*ducks to avoid a barrage of rotten tomatos.

I prefer cockatiels.

They are as vain as modern nobility, but sing better and are also way more entertaining to watch.

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
And in the news today: Big razzia of the police in all over Germany, 130 houses searched, 51 suspects, 25 arrests.... Seems a larger alt-right group planned a coup, including the prince of Reuß, a known former member of parliament, some industrials and a handful of former KSK soldier and parachuters. The investigation and observation already started in the beginning of the year.

I'm not surprised at all, considering that the members of the RAF or the leadership ranks of the NSDAP for example also came from comfortable middle-class and upper-class homes. Cognitive bias and personality disorder doesn't stop in front of obviously intellectual/intelligent individuals. Also have a look at the Alternative for Germany...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm not surprised at all, considering that the members of the RAF or the leadership ranks of the NSDAP for example also came from comfortable middle-class and upper-class homes. Cognitive bias and personality disorder doesn't stop in front of obviously intellectual/intelligent individuals. Also have a look at the Alternative for Germany...

Exactly. And still you can also see another important phenomena in the Internet. Many many people are willed to defend any nonsense of Billionaires, as long as it is popular nonsense. Who is rich and powerful, shall better be my friend, than my enemy.

Does it make sense? Yes.
Is it democratic? No.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A friend of mine lately lamented that our generation was heavily trimmed for independence and critical thinking in school. Which is nice, but that it might have been a fatal mistake to not have logic along with it in the curriculum...

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Exactly. And still you can also see another important phenomena in the Internet. Many many people are willed to defend any nonsense of Billionaires, as long as it is popular nonsense. Who is rich and powerful, shall better be my friend, than my enemy.

Does it make sense? Yes.
Is it democratic? No.
Are you referring to Trump?