Humor Random Comments Thread

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Problem with me is that I can't study, it just doesn't happen. Studying doesn't help me, mainly because my method of studying seems to be staring at the book for 10 minutes, getting a glass of juice, staring at the book more, then shutting the book to do something else.

I couldnt have said it better...

Bloody exams :(

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ir feels like the surface of the sun in the Washington, DC area today. I actually had trouble breathing when I stepped outside. Joan Jett of 80's rock fame will be playing at the Fairfax Co. fair this evening at 7 PM, do I really want to make the trip up there in this heat?

Update. Joan Jett and the Black Hearts still rock. Lightning was flashing through the clouds during the show. Temperature wasn't so bad after the sun went down.

V8Li

Reaction score
How do I remove the white-background messages from the screen? Like the one in the Orbitersim beta, on the bottom-left corner which is used to print some tile data.

Scrooge McDuck

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbitermap.no-ip.org
I'm still enjoying the nice flying day I had today. We did a nice flight of one hour (had to take it down because of others wanting to fly too), even the twins did great in these strong thermals. Some of us experienced such strong thermals that generated +6 m/s (vertical speed) in their glider planes!
I also did a full looping :lol:. Anyhow I had to go with an instructor check and not solo, because I hadn't done any towing this year yet, only winching.

regards,
mcduck

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How do I remove the white-background messages from the screen? Like the one in the Orbitersim beta, on the bottom-left corner which is used to print some tile data.

Debug strings? If they are getting printed by a vessel, your chances of erasing them are quite slim. sprintf(oapiDebugString(),"") should do it.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Someone might want to write White String Remover MFD :)

The problem is that I think the vessel callback functions are called after the callback functions of the MFDs. Therefore it won't work...

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Sooo here is an update on my lovely life.....
Going thru a divorce YAY :dry:
Just got told to do a course in phoenix in august for two weeks:(
Completly renovated my house;)
Got a tattoo :lol:
And are dating a wonderfull woman who ACTUALLY LIKES ORBITER!:speakcool:

god thank you for the summer

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Sooo here is an update on my lovely life.....
Going thru a divorce YAY :dry:
Just got told to do a course in phoenix in august for two weeks:(
Completly renovated my house;)
Got a tattoo :lol:
And are dating a wonderfull woman who ACTUALLY LIKES ORBITER!:speakcool:

god thank you for the summer

yay...
Have fun...
cool...
What kind? maybe a picture?
Congratulations! At least my girlfriend likes the beautifull pictures and she is asking me stuff about space from time to time. But she is :speakcool:

edit: Despite her complete intollerance for sci-fi she agreed to watch the first Star Trek movie on TV in a few minutes. simply because there is nothing else on! :beach:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
my girlfriend not only likes that i am interested in Orbiter... our daughter (almost 5) also starts understanding spaceflight even though I usually don't tell her much about it. (she clearly has different interests) .

Chipstone306

Reaction score
my girlfriend not only likes that i am interested in Orbiter... our daughter (almost 5) also starts understanding spaceflight even though I usually don't tell her much about it. (she clearly has different interests) .

Got you beat my 6 year old already uses orbiter she cant get to orbit but loves to use the delta glider and some of the simple rockets

edit here is the pic of the tattoo it is a tribal dragon flying up my forearm

Attachments

• tattoo 001.jpg
    tattoo 001.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 11

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Ok, I'll pull out my trump card now - my 3yo son loves Orbiter! He can use the joystick to fly the DeltaGlider in the atmosphere for a short time before crashing and can use the mouse to double-click on the Orbiter icon on the desktop. He has had a go at flying around the ISS in a DG using translation thrusters with some interesting results!

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Ok, I'll pull out my trump card now - my 3yo son loves Orbiter! He can use the joystick to fly the DeltaGlider in the atmosphere for a short time before crashing and can use the mouse to double-click on the Orbiter icon on the desktop. He has had a go at flying around the ISS in a DG using translation thrusters with some interesting results!

Nice "Kid Off" in here.
In case I ever raise a kid, i will try to test it at everything until it I find the thing it is gifted at.

Does anybody know Karl Herbert Scheer's ZBV?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
While we are at it, what is the longest thread at any other orbiter board? including M6?
Let's beat it!

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Current all time/ all forum leader is Space Shuttle Ultra with 1 452 posts, 27 992 veiws and was started on the 5 of Feb.