Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I did only understand two words... Deutschland and... Schumacher?

Portugal is gonna win :p

Noooo, Christiano Ronaldo is not as good, as many people rate him. Portugal did not have real opponents yet. :lol:

The lyrics are a bit hard to transcribe as the background vocals also are important.

( German x6)

Of course a German invented "Wetten Dass?" (1),
thank you, for the good hours.
We are the most friendly customers in the world,
we are modest, we have money.
The very best in every sport,
our taxes are world record.
Travel through Germany and stay here,
we are waiting for this kind of visitors.
Anybody can live here, who likes it,
we are the most friendly people in the world.
Just one small thing is wrong,
Schumacher does not drive a Mercedes. (2)
Chorus:
That all is Germany,
that all are we,
that exists nowhere else,
only here, only here
That all is Germany,
that all are we,
Here we live
and here we die.

(German/Oh yeah) x6

Many are conceited about Germany,
and some think it's cool to be an as:censored:le (3),
There are a few that like to complain about Niggers, (4)
and travel to Thailand for f:censored:g every year.
We love our cars more than our women
because in German cars, you can trust
God kissed Earth only once,
and that exactly the place where Germany is.
We are everywhere the best, especially in the bed,
and especially nice to dogs and cats.

Chorus

We are especially good,
in beating people up,
and when it comes to arson,
you can trust us.
We like order and cleanness,
we are always ready for a war.
Best regards to the world,
you must admit it:
We can (be) proud of Germany! (5)

(Pig/Oh yeah x6)
Chorus

Annotations:
(1) Long lived German Saturday night TV show, broadcast also to the rest of Europe. Notorious for each show taking much more time as planned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetten%2C_dass..%3F

(2) See Formula one history - he was still driving when the song was recorded
(3) Reference to a popular song of a former "Big Brother" candidate at that time, which was a plain rip-off of the more ironic "Egoist" by Falco.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number-one_hits_of_2000_(Germany)

(4) The word "Kanacke"(Kanak) is used in Germany as insulting term for foreigners, especially reserved for Mediterranean immigrants. Also used by Turkish teenagers for playing gangster (rapper). It is equivalent to the english Nigger - and the Clawfinger song about "Nigger"'s meaning applies also to "Kanacke".
(5) The "sein"/be gets oversounded by the "Schwein"/Pig.

Do you NOW know why Germany will win today? :rofl:

Last edited:

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Hehe I didnt expect you to translate it fully but hey, thats a good song about germany :p :cheers:
Now, lets see who can be the best in the Eurocup!
As you may know (or not) Spain hasnt advanced to a semifinal in a very long time :p. The people here think we gonna win against Italy but...

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ronaldo is over-rated, he never plays terribly well in the big games. I think his ego hides a rather large selfconfidence problem:
He knows he's a good player, but deep down he is always worried he'll screw up when push comes to shove. Problem is, that worry means he usually does screw up :p

For the record, I want Germany to win. Mostly as the majority of the Portugese players are on my (surprisingly small) list of "people I'd happily shoot in the face".

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
As you may know (or not) Spain hasnt advanced to a semifinal in a very long time :p. The people here think we gonna win against Italy but...

Well, Italy has become stronger with each game, it will not be easy... but Italy is not invincible. It has it's weaknesses. And Spain it's strengths right where it could be ugly for Italy.

EDIT: Didn't I say it. Many didn't believe me: There had really been some reasons for Germany. Namely Schweinsteiger and Podolski. Who needs a Christiano Ronaldo? Damn, I don't want to imagine how the team will celebrate, when they win the final. Podolski returned to the cabin without his pants!

Last edited:

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
If Schwein means pig, what does Schweinsteiger mean? Is it something funny on German? :p

And yeah Germany played well, we'll meet on the finals! (with a lot of luck xD)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If Schwein means pig, what does Schweinsteiger mean? Is it something funny on German? :p

Well, less funny than the village of Petting, Germany. Or ****ing, Austria.

"Steiger" has two meanings... it can come from climbing("steigen"), like for example in the name "Bergsteiger", which is a mountain climber ("Berg" = Mountain). Or it can come from the job designation of "Steiger", which is the foreworker/manager of a mine (Which is a very honorable title and requires you to not only study at a special university but also get selected by a mine)

The official story behind the name is not less funny. It comes from the town of "Schweinsteig", Bavaria, near the city of Rosenheim. In the historic dialect of this region, the town name would be translated pig sty and a "Schweinsteiger", thus be somebody born in the village pig sty, and thus be somebody born inside a pig sty.

No, that had not been my own name historic skills:

http://www.ndr1niedersachsen.de/programm/nnds894.html

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
every one look at my new plane
ATT00071.jpg

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Well, less funny than the village of Petting, Germany. Or ****ing, Austria.

"Steiger" has two meanings... it can come from climbing("steigen"), like for example in the name "Bergsteiger", which is a mountain climber ("Berg" = Mountain). Or it can come from the job designation of "Steiger", which is the foreworker/manager of a mine (Which is a very honorable title and requires you to not only study at a special university but also get selected by a mine)

The official story behind the name is not less funny. It comes from the town of "Schweinsteig", Bavaria, near the city of Rosenheim. In the historic dialect of this region, the town name would be translated pig sty and a "Schweinsteiger", thus be somebody born in the village pig sty, and thus be somebody born inside a pig sty.

No, that had not been my own name historic skills:

http://www.ndr1niedersachsen.de/programm/nnds894.html

Hahaha, I get it. Not a name I would like to have :p.

One thing I dont know why:
German is a romance language, as well as Italian French or Spanish.
I dont know neither Italian nor French, but I can guess many words and if I see some text I may be able to grasp whats about.
But German is just uncomprehensible to me :huh:. (well, a few words have a resemblance, but just a few.)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hahaha, I get it. Not a name I would like to have :p.

One thing I dont know why:
German is a romance language, as well as Italian French or Spanish.
I dont know neither Italian nor French, but I can guess many words and if I see some text I may be able to grasp whats about.
But German is just uncomprehensible to me :huh:. (well, a few words have a resemblance, but just a few.)

Because you already made the biggest error with your first assumption. ;) It is no romance language. It has Latin influences, but the bulk of the language is based on the Germanic languages - like also for example English or Dutch. That's also where it has its grammar - lower saxon language has almost English grammar, while most other German dialects have at least very similar grammar.

German additionally also has many Slavic influences, sharing many similar words with Russian and similar languages. That's what you get when you are living in the center of a continent and along the main trading routes.

Also, I think only few languages make constructs like "Bodenseedampfschiffskapitänspatent" a legal word.

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Damn, I had always thought it was latin-derived :huh: and never bothered to check. How wrong I was.
That explains why is so strange to me :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Damn, I had always thought it was latin-derived :huh: and never bothered to check. How wrong I was.
That explains why is so strange to me :p

Well, see it like that, it is easier for a German to learn Spanish, than French or italian - you at least have a user-friendly grammar. :rofl:

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Very nice plane Woo482. Now combine that with that airport near the beach where people get blown away by starting jets :D

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Well, see it like that, it is easier for a German to learn Spanish, than French or italian - you at least have a user-friendly grammar. :rofl:

Which is more than can be said about german...

*remembers grammar tests from German classes, shudders*

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
@ ts penguin Now that would be funny !!! they would get flung in to the water :)

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
oh yes damm forgot about that

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Arg, I start my computer and all at once my scsi-drive is gone in windows. it's still there in bios, and I'm annoyed like hell :mad: