spirit.png

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
13mSz.png

*twitch*

Probe help me.

The combination of someone who doesn't speak english very well (completely fine) and someone who's a freaking idiot (not fine) is a bad one.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Mixing salt and snow produces a very cold water.
About -17C, or 0F.

Curious thing is, i've often heard what the Fahrenheit zero is, but it never quite registered that you can, in fact, refrigerate this way.
Or to try it, despite frozen water laying outside ready-made.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mixing salt and snow produces a very cold water.
About -17C, or 0F.

Curious thing is, i've often heard what the Fahrenheit zero is, but it never quite registered that you can, in fact, refrigerate this way.
Or to try it, despite frozen water laying outside ready-made.

You can also cool liquids down by evaporating them in a low pressure environment.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
You can also cool liquids down by evaporating them in a low pressure environment.
Still not enough to freeze air...
Liquid nitrogen is too far down for either chemical, evaporative or peltier cooling.
That leaves pressurized refrigerators, which is out of reach without machining tools.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

They used evaporators/sublimators for cooling in the Eagle LM, using the vacuum of space.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
They used evaporators/sublimators for cooling in the Eagle LM, using the vacuum of space.

Same in the Shuttle. Flash Evaporators, Ammonia boilers and Water Spray Boilers. One for use, when the radiators are not powerful enough, one when the Flash Evaporators are no longer effective enough and one kind for keeping the hydraulic oil cool.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've become father somewhat prematurely, as our kids decided to "spill the beans" (rather the amniotic fluid) on saturday, and to start their journey to the light of day yesterday evening. A bit over two months before we expected them...

They and the wife are fine and wel taken care off, but life got somewhat busier...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've become father somewhat prematurely, as our kids decided to "spill the beans" (rather the amniotic fluid) on saturday, and to start their journey to the light of day yesterday evening. A bit over two months before we expected them...

They and the wife are fine and wel taken care off, but life got somewhat busier...
Wow, congratulations! All the best regards and luck for the bean-spillers and the spilled! Two months is very early, it must be a huge relief to know they're healthy. :cheers:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score

give them a few days to get acclimated to everyone, then start training them to fly the Arrow :p

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

The usual question: Sons or daughters? :p

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Nzf3D.jpg

i found this wallpaper on imgur

it used to be this
0XPDl.jpg

i win.