Humor Random Comments Thread

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I've thought that I might be somewhat autistic for a while, but part of it was being on ADHD medication, which I fortunately quit taking. However, I still just find it hard to think of what to say in certain situations.

It seems that social awkwardness and autism spectrum disorders are common among people in scientific and technical fields.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
That'd be mine; that paragraph described me to a tee. I still have some trouble with stepping on vinyl flooring while a car is driving in front of the house, or walking up a staircase with someone behind me, or putting a rack through the dishwasher at work while it's oriented with that one melted bit not pointing to the right, or not tapping my left then right index fingers twice on something solid before taking a stride with my right foot, or... :beathead:

When I start thinking of my rules like that, I've usually got some rule that helps me 'cheat' it, although I know very well what I'm doing.
Currently, and for a distrubingly long time now (several months? more?) I've been obsessively hitting Caps Lock repeatedly after nearly any activity on the keyboard. (It's somewhat specific, but I couldn't tell you the pattern yet) It's a pain, awkward, people will notice, it's HORRIBLY tempting while not doing it now, and every few minutes it leaves me with caps lock in the wrong position. :beathead:
Seperately, I swear I can NEVER get the mouse in a position on the screen that doesn't drive me crazy while reading/watching something. I can move it to the bottom, 'off-screen', but... I know it's there! I need better symmetry!

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interesting.
I always thought that maturity is something one have to make for himself, not just get out of growing up one day.

But i never been diagnosed with anything behavioural, so i may not know what you mean.

I don't think anyone seriously believes it, but it seems to be what everyone is telling their children around here. Oh, you'll graduate high school then go on to become an adult. Within months, pretty much everyone begins to think "Good God, well that didn't work out quite right." :p

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Productivity must be inversely proportional to time to complete something.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
From what I understand, many pilots and air traffic controllers have ADD. It's just a matter of what you make of it.

Last edited:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
From what I understand, many pilots and air traffic controllers have ADHD. It's just a matter of what you make of it.
Not surprising with keeping tack of all those different data sources.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
My French pretty much breaks down after "Je suis." My German, however, is a different story.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My french pretty much breaks down after "Silly Eenglish Kniggets!" . . .

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
My daughter (knowing my tastes) pointed me to a music video on youtube. I gotta say I just saw my next wife. Yoona from SNSD, the video was Pararazzi (not the Lady Gaga Paparazzi, this one's much different).

As far as entertainment go, all their music is sort of bubble-gum pop music. It's catchy, the girls must work pretty hard to make the dance moves look so easy; and they must also work pretty hard to get those harmonies, one of their videos is live, no auto-tune. So, they're pretty talented.

I don't know what to think of the kid though. She knew I'd take a liking to Yoona, I suppose it's pervy in a way. But dudes, all nine of those girls are smokin' hot.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My daughter (knowing my tastes) pointed me to a music video on youtube. I gotta say I just saw my next wife. Yoona from SNSD, the video was Pararazzi (not the Lady Gaga Paparazzi, this one's much different).

As far as entertainment go, all their music is sort of bubble-gum pop music. It's catchy, the girls must work pretty hard to make the dance moves look so easy; and they must also work pretty hard to get those harmonies, one of their videos is live, no auto-tune. So, they're pretty talented.

I don't know what to think of the kid though. She knew I'd take a liking to Yoona, I suppose it's pervy in a way. But dudes, all nine of those girls are smokin' hot.

I'm not really a K-pop fan, but welcome to K-pop!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Har har har. She knows of my fondness for hot chicks. I can look, but not touch.

We were both pretty happy when Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds broke up. I get mine and she gets hers. Although, both her and the kid make googly-eyes when they talk about Bradley Cooper (the only reason my wife wanted to see The A-Team).

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Har har har. She knows of my fondness for hot chicks. I can look, but not touch.

We were both pretty happy when Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds broke up. I get mine and she gets hers. Although, both her and the kid make googly-eyes when they talk about Bradley Cooper (the only reason my wife wanted to see The A-Team).

:hmm:

Apollo 13 Reboot with Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, and Bradley Cooper. Everyone comes away a winner!