Humor Random Comments Thread

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
One of the worst results of a mosquito flying into or near your ear canal is the sudden and compulsory need to box your own head as hard as you can. :rolleyes:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Har har har. She knows of my fondness for hot chicks. I can look, but not touch.

We were both pretty happy when Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds broke up. I get mine and she gets hers. Although, both her and the kid make googly-eyes when they talk about Bradley Cooper (the only reason my wife wanted to see The A-Team).

Sent you a PM with link to another vid you might enjoy... :cheers:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
SNSD seem to be much tamer than, say Brittany Spears or Christina Aguilera (still think Paula Abdul's "Cold Hearted Snake" video is one of the all time best).

Celtic Woman, they some pretty ladies, that's for sure.

...flaunt it without be skanky...

But sometimes a man needs just a little bit of skankiness, if you know what I mean.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My new 16:10 screen makes posts really shorter. Well, more "horizontal". Which is the point.

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with vinka's site for spacecraft download?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Urwumpe is temporarily out of order... acute bronchitis with the possibility of a peripheral pneumonia... damn karma! And that when I have no time for such nonsense.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Urwumpe is temporarily out of order... acute bronchitis with the possibility of a peripheral pneumonia... damn karma! And that when I have no time for such nonsense.

At least you don't have...boneitis.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
At least you don't have...boneitis.

bone-itis is at least rapidly fatal. I had to go through a meeting at the customer with strong pain in my chest. Smile and sell.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Cant wait to get out of Arizona. At least i'm getting paid to be here.

I can only think of two reasons you would ever possibly want to be in arizona.

1.) Cactus-phile
2.) CIA

because seriously...you would not believe what you can hide in a cactus.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I volunteer in the IT department at a local nonprofit (I eventually hope to up-convert that to gainful employment there or somewhere else), and had a user come in today who had been having trouble with Skype. He called what may or may not have been Skype tech support, which told him that Skype was not the problem and that his computer is infected. They claimed that the antivirus suite we use at our site "wasn't working" and ran a third party diagnostic tool, which *seems* to be clean, but sets off alarm bells in my head. They left him a number to call back for paid support, which also seems suspicious. (Indeed, just after writing that last sentence, I checked the Skype website: they don't offer telephone support. So if his computer wasn't infected in the first place, it may well be now. ARRRRRGH!).

Moral: *PLEASE* make things easier for your IT department by calling them *first* when you have an issue on a work machine (or a home machine that they support, if applicable), before calling external tech support. If the issue is something that external tech support truly needs to be contacted about, your IT department can do it, or they can direct you to an external support number that they know is valid.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
According to Socrates, "The only true knowledge consists in knowing that we know nothing."

Hold the phone, guys. How can we know we know nothing, when we don't know anything? :confused:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
According to Socrates, "The only true knowledge consists in knowing that we know nothing."

Hold the phone, guys. How can we know we know nothing, when we don't know anything? :confused:

Because Greece.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I volunteer in the IT department at a local nonprofit (I eventually hope to up-convert that to gainful employment there or somewhere else), and had a user come in today who had been having trouble with Skype. He called what may or may not have been Skype tech support, which told him that Skype was not the problem and that his computer is infected. They claimed that the antivirus suite we use at our site "wasn't working" and ran a third party diagnostic tool, which *seems* to be clean, but sets off alarm bells in my head. They left him a number to call back for paid support, which also seems suspicious. (Indeed, just after writing that last sentence, I checked the Skype website: they don't offer telephone support. So if his computer wasn't infected in the first place, it may well be now. ARRRRRGH!).

Moral: *PLEASE* make things easier for your IT department by calling them *first* when you have an issue on a work machine (or a home machine that they support, if applicable), before calling external tech support. If the issue is something that external tech support truly needs to be contacted about, your IT department can do it, or they can direct you to an external support number that they know is valid.

Single point of contact. I wish my customers would remember it as well. Bug report are often ending as Chinese whispers because they travel through a few places and get sometimes an unofficial hotfix, that I don't know when the hotfix causes the next bug.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cant wait to get out of Arizona. At least i'm getting paid to be here.

Ughm Arizona. That place sucked when I went there in the summer. Not as bad as living in Las Vegas for nine long years. There was nothing good about living there except the fact that you didn't sweat when you worked out in the yard.

SE

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
It's a beautiful night for some amateur astronomy here. Also, got to see an old friend up at a relitively decent hour, Jupiter!