Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Apple is paying the swiss railway company SBB license money

:rofl:

I'd rather have them design a usable interface for SBB's blasted ticket machines, though... :shifty:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I just got an interesting 1/200 model space station at a local hobby store here. It's a 1950's concept space station built using spent fuel tanks with a hypothetical crew of four. The box also has some nice artwork of it in orbit around one of Saturn's moons. Looks like it might be fun to put together and display.

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/CONVAIR MANNED OBSERVATIONAL SATELLITE PAGE.htm

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The final book arrived... now I can plan the next order :lol:

What is just a bit annoying: Shipping the book from Gloucester, UK to Wolfsburg, Germany, takes longer than sending a letter from the USA to Germany... and I don't want to know how long the same package would travel inside the USA for the same distance. Likely less than 8 days.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It just goes to show you: It takes frickin' ages to get what you want delivered, yet your bills travel at the speed of light. :rolleyes:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
OU/Texas game is BRUTAL. I'm at OU and my brother is a UT grad by the way.
8 times the total yards and 18 times the points. Ouch. Poor UT.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Ah, finally experiencing Oklahoma: Tornado watch all day. "TORNADOES...HAIL TO 2 INCHES IN DIAMETER...THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS TO 70 MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS."

I feel like I'm waiting for hail to come at me sideways. :p

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Score: 63-21 (with a last-second touchdown for UT)
Total yards: 677-289
Something like 5 injuries in the Longhorns.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Your tornado watches at least mean that Tornadoes can form. In Germany, Tornado watches for a district means: The tornado will happen anywhere, but not here.

This year was pretty silent in terms of Tornadoes for Germany.

http://www.tornadoliste.de/

MattBaker

Reaction score
There's the Ostankino Tower so Moscow, someone else could guess the game:thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I would say MSFS or related engine, it has the typical city rendering of it.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'd say its FS2004. Looks to new for 2002 and to old for X.

Next one :p :

2012-10-12_23-19-20-332.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Toronto CN tower and that looks like a 737 in the dark.

FS2004? I stopped in 2000, but for 2000, the lights look too good.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There's the Ostankino Tower so Moscow, someone else could guess the game:thumbup:

:thumbup: for the location of the shot,

I would say MSFS or related engine, it has the typical city rendering of it.

I'd say its FS2004. Looks to new for 2002 and to old for X.

and both of you get :thumbup:'s for the platform. :)

Man, you guys are quick! :)

(By the way, that MiG is one awesome-looking aircraft, isn't it? I just love the lines . . .)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
(By the way, that MiG is one awesome-looking aircraft, isn't it? I just love the lines . . .)

Looks great, but the fuel capacity is damn low. was once flying in the German army for a decade and taught some US pilots to feel happy that the cold war never went hot.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hm, flying above Moscow is forbidden even for the government people.
If only they could have used helicopters instead of closing down entire roads for each commute...

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Looks great, but the fuel capacity is damn low. was once flying in the German army for a decade and taught some US pilots to feel happy that the cold war never went hot.

I had a feeling that particular model was a bit optimistic. It simply slices through the air, and has . . . well, a fifteen-minute reserve at wide open throttle at sea level. I suppose at 5,300 gallons of fuel per minute at that rate, that could be accurate.

Hm, flying above Moscow is forbidden even for the government people.
If only they could have used helicopters instead of closing down entire roads for each commute...

I'm expecting a call on behalf of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Bondarev"]Viktor Bondarev[/ame] immediately. I'm just not sure in which form that call will take place. :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I had a feeling that particular model was a bit optimistic. It simply slices through the air, and has . . . well, a fifteen-minute reserve at wide open throttle at sea level. I suppose at 5,300 gallons of fuel per minute at that rate, that could be accurate.

Well, the engine consumes 3750 kg fuel per hour at full dry thrust. Means 34 minutes at full thrust without afterburner. Only 8.5 minutes at afterburner.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Felix Baumgartner is launching from Roswell, NM tomorrow to break the freefall altitude record and is expected to also break the sound barrier on the way down. No one knows yet what effect breaking the sound barrier will have on his body.

My prediction is this: The sonic boom around his body will create a rip in space/time, sending him, his suit, the capsule, and the balloons hurtling backwards in time to the year 1947. When he hits the ground just outside Roswell, his mostly-cooked body will be unrecongizable as human, and the effects of time travel will have slightly altered the material properties of the balloons.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Still more plausible than History Channel with their Ancient Aliens...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Felix Baumgartner is launching from Roswell, NM tomorrow to break the freefall altitude record and is expected to also break the sound barrier on the way down. No one knows yet what effect breaking the sound barrier will have on his body.

My prediction is this: The sonic boom around his body will create a rip in space/time, sending him, his suit, the capsule, and the balloons hurtling backwards in time to the year 1947. When he hits the ground just outside Roswell, his mostly-cooked body will be unrecongizable as human, and the effects of time travel will have slightly altered the material properties of the balloons.

very amusing :lol:. Im kinda wondering myself exactly what transonic speeds will do to a human in a spacesuit. Given that hes going to have to slow down at some point, is his parachute going to just suddenly slow him back to reasonable speeds (probably a very painful number of Gs), or is he going to use a series of drogues to stop gradually?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
very amusing :lol:. Im kinda wondering myself exactly what transonic speeds will do to a human in a spacesuit. Given that hes going to have to slow down at some point, is his parachute going to just suddenly slow him back to reasonable speeds (probably a very painful number of Gs), or is he going to use a series of drogues to stop gradually?

Looks like the drogue chute will only deploy if freefall becomes unstable or if he experiences 3.5 Gs or more for 6 continuous seconds.

http://www.redbullstratos.com/technology/parachute/