Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So, in order of events, German-Brunswick, English Brunswick, Canadian Brunswick?

Seems so. It would be pretty unlikely for an original Brunswick to exist in England, since the name is pretty low-German language specific ("Brunswiek"), also all Wikipedia pages about English Brunswicks refer to the place being renamed in honor of "Brunswick-<insert current dynasty>". Brunswick had been pretty popular in England, especially around the time of Napoleon causing trouble. The Black Brunswickers regiment had been in British service for quite a while and extremely popular.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Quite many, but the English Brunswicks are all named after the nobility of the German Brunswick, which is had some intimate relations to the British royal family.

This is the part where my ignorance of history shows itself... Time for some preventative research.

MattBaker

Reaction score
I dont get the point of that sky diving stunt....

Doing something you think it's awesome and want to experience? What would be the point of you flying to the ISS?

Without a lot of attention, silent and sneaky mojoey took the 9000th:thumbup:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
good to know. Fun Fact: There's also a Brunswick Bowling Company.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Doing something you think it's awesome and want to experience? What would be the point of you flying to the ISS?

Without a lot of attention, silent and sneaky mojoey took the 9000th:thumbup:

*Hums the Jaws theme*

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
This is the part where my ignorance of history shows itself... Time for some preventative research.

Can't be harmful. I also needed to look which British king was from the German Brunswick. It was George III, in regency between 1760 and 1820.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
congrats on 18,000 posts Urwumpe!

Damn, that was fast, didn't I have 17,000 posts just yesterday? Things have really become faster since I am no longer banned twice per year.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score

They did it so that a few people on certain websites on the internet could take pleasure in the knowledge that they, in possession of their superior intellect and elevated disposition, above all the base, simple masses do not get the point of something cool. :tiphat:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
They did it because why not.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Damn, that was fast, didn't I have 17,000 posts just yesterday? Things have really become faster since I am no longer banned twice per year.

I'm not even going to ask.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

So the introduction of the basement did some good after all :lol:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New Brunswick. You may not have heard of us, but we're actually part of the country! :lol:

I sure hope I have :lol:! My Grandma on my dads side is from New Brunswick, a place called Picto, I think. I would be in some awfully hot water If I didnt know that. While we're at it, do you have a favourite hockey team? (maybe we should start a thread for that...)

Seriously, Urwumpe, how on earth do you manage to post so often? Just about any time I can think of, if an interesting topic comes up, youve posted on it. Dont you ever sleep :lol:?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anyway, time for watching the best German movie of the 1980s...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Well, I went looking for the infamous scene in Star Trek IV where Captain Kirk climbs the mountain "because it's there." Instead I found this. I really wish I hadn't....

DanM

&#1055;&#1086;&#1077;&#1093;&#1072;&#1083;&#1080;!
Reaction score
Great, my physics teacher expects us to teach ourselves anti-differentiation.