Humor Random Comments Thread

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Taxes? We don't got no taxes. We don't need no taxes. We don't have to show you no stinking taxes! I don't even. :uhh:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
From WBN...

ME - Morons, we're working for morons. And worse, we're doing our best to make them look good (on day 39 of 30).

MY SUPERVISOR - I've been meaning to talk to you about your negative attitude, but I don't give a :censored: either, so...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Management... People who base their decisions on the expertise of consultants, who had only days to understand a situation, that the employees are already complaining about for years.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
From WBN...

ME - Morons, we're working for morons. And worse, we're doing our best to make them look good (on day 39 of 30).

MY SUPERVISOR - I've been meaning to talk to you about your negative attitude, but I don't give a :censored: either, so...

Looks to the south & sees a giant mushroom cloud. "Thats what you get for having a negative additude!"

MattBaker

Reaction score
Negative attitude? Ask if they can shoot some protons into you...

(It get's funnier if you think of the Proton)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I always get a positive attitude in the presence of ionizing radiation...

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well, we are doing quality work, but not in a coherent order, nor in such a way that can bring the plant back up in a timely manner (we're way beyond the timely manner anyway).

For instance, the "priority" job I had this morning dealt with the steam seal DP controller for Main Feeb Pump "B" (bravo). OK, we are days (maybe 10) from even making steam, so for all practical purposes it doesn't exist. I fought to get my oil controls to be the priority (and kind of proud that I won), reason being, without the oil controls, the valves can't stroke (we've got to set those as well) and it steam will be irrelevant because the feed pump won't work...

Urwumpe had mentioned the (rather brilliant) Dilbert series of documentaries, I think our management team reviews those daily...

Gotta go, Catbert just showed up...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Its just important to minimize fallout when having conflict in the workplace :lol:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
IptQx.png

Reading through some of the Gemini IV transcripts can make for good laughs, and you can also see where NASA has censored it. :lol:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
It really boggles my mind that how components and design features originating from a single rocket (with a rather bad launch record!) will become a crucial stand for space access ability for the United States, Russia AND China! (and that's not the end of the list!)

Want to know which rocket is it, and why? I will give the answer if someone can answer the question! (or after half a day, whenever comes first)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The Aggregat-4? The launch record was not that poor. 3000 had been launched, most hit near their target.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The Aggregat-4? The launch record was not that poor. 3000 had been launched, most hit near their target.

Well if the A-4 counts, the question is moot because it is the mother of all space launch vehicles. :lol: But which orbital LV uses ethanol nowadays anyway... (those that power rocket engineers don't count :rofl:)

The relationship is more straight forward in this case. So try again! ;)

MattBaker

Reaction score
Urwumpe should be right, I just want to add that it already reached 85-90 kilometers on 3rd of October 1942, years before "real" spaceflight.
(That's the reason we celebrate National Day on 3rd of October...)

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Then I'm going with China and their solid rocket boosters, shot against mongol cities...

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Urwumpe should be right, I just want to add that it already reached 85-90 kilometers on 3rd of October 1942, years before "real" spaceflight.
(That's the reason we celebrate National Day on 3rd of October...)

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Then I'm going with China and their solid rocket boosters, shot against mongol cities...

Of course the A-4 is right, but I don't think I would have use these words if I am asking about it. :)

No it's not those Chinese firework rockets: its only relationship with today's rockets is the mixture of explosives, and I don't think the Chinese made great use of it either (as is the case with many of the Chinese inventions).

Hint 2: the rocket is named after something in the sky.

Hint 3: the statements I made in my question generally refers to future plans for next 30 years or so, but not to the past.

Hint 4: The fourth country involved is South Korea (and will fly next week!).

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There is really nothing else that links USA, Russia and China. The soviet R-14 could be said, but it is not related to the USA, which had the Titan II already in late development, when the R-14 was entering production. But it formed the base for the Chinese launch vehicles as well indirectly.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
There is really nothing else that links USA, Russia and China. The soviet R-14 could be said, but it is not related to the USA, which had the Titan II already in late development, when the R-14 was entering production. But it formed the base for the Chinese launch vehicles as well indirectly.

It's of course not the R-14! See the post above for better hints.

Looks like I'll need to get a small part of a photo of the rocket for hint no.5, as apparently parts of the relation is relatively obscure.... :shifty:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Looks like a pencil...is it combined with an existing launch vehicle? (the design)

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Looks like a pencil...is it combined with an existing launch vehicle? (the design)

Yes.

OK hint no. 4.5: the first design of the pencil is white in color, with its tip being half white and half red. There should only be one existing rocket with such an impression. ;)