Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Buying a keyboard?

Buying Swype... AFAIR, it isn't freeware, but extremely popular and recommended.

Just checked: No such thing like Swype on Google Play - but lots of Scam products containing Swype in the name for robbing you.

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Buying Swype... AFAIR, it isn't freeware, but extremely popular and recommended.

Just checked: No such thing like Swype on Google Play - but lots of Scam products containing Swype in the name for robbing you.

Let me hook you up here...
http://www.swype.com/category/get-swype/
I'm not actually sure which version I've preferred (I've used about five incarnations of it on different devices) but I definitely prefer it over any other mobile keyboard after getting used to it.
It comes automatically with a lot of Android devices. Some manufacturers try to compete. E.g. Samsung put its knock-off keyboard and voice engine on my phone before I upgraded to 4.1 and got Swype and Google Now/Voice included.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I find using an Android Smartphone for posting in O-F a bit annoying, since typing with the on-screen keyboard is not really comparable to a good PC keyboard.

Which smartphone did you buy?

Apparently it's a Huawei U8665. Typing doesn't seem too annoying.

MattBaker

Reaction score
I don't know if I've reached the grumpy age where I hate every new stuff or if music and popular culture really gets worse:hmm:

MikeB

Reaction score
Just because we've reached the grumpy age doesn't mean music and popular culture aren't really worse.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I'm with them. I'd rather blow my ear drums out listening to something good (like Metallica), than do it listening to dubstep.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The present crap is still alive. The past crap at least has died... Makes the past seem like such a better place.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, I grew up listening to classic rock. RESPECT IT! :RnR1:

But that's just the thing - you're saying that classic rock is great, and (presumably) current pop is crap. That isn't true. Sure, you can crank up Thunderstruck and say "yeah man, old music kicked ass!" but really, it's "this song was so much better than the loads of other crap music at the time." Not all old music was good - in fact, most of it wasn't, but the great ones survived until the present, where the crap died off.

And of course, there's generational preference. You grew up with classic rock - you like it. It's always tickled your fancy. This new stuff - it don't kick ass like the oldies did. It's crap. I agree on this, but it's no universal truth.

Besides, there's still good rock coming out now and then, it's just not trending. :2cents:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I think the 80's was a great time for music. Whenever I listen to people like Adrenaline, Richard Marx, Toto, REM, Billy Joel, Genesis...I'm amazed at how they were able to impress people with their voices, instead of with everything else:thumbup:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have to admit that the fashion sense of the 80s was embarassing.

That's the point of fashion! Otherwise how would they make people buy the new stuff?