Humor Random Comments Thread

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'm thinking about downloading Orbiter onto my new PC, but it's kind of incomplete. Here are the specs so far.
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor
784 MHz, 3.50 GB of RAM
I've got a pretty powerful motherboard and processor, and I'm planning on transferring my 9400 from my old PC once we finish this one. It's the video card that's worrying me.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Let me start off by mentioning that I don't watch "American Idol", but the Pants on the Ground guy has got me holding my sides from laughing so hard.

"Lookin like a fool, wi' yo pants on the ground". :rofl:

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
I'm thinking about downloading Orbiter onto my new PC, but it's kind of incomplete. Here are the specs so far.
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor
784 MHz, 3.50 GB of RAM
I've got a pretty powerful motherboard and processor, and I'm planning on transferring my 9400 from my old PC once we finish this one. It's the video card that's worrying me.
That's the same processor I have! I have 6GB RAM though.

And for your video card, if you want a cheap upgrade, I'd recommend this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102864
Very fast and gives DX11 capability.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Today I found out Best Buy is selling the PMDG 747-400X for $30.
I want to punch myself for buying it from their website for $80.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
How too much time with Orbiter affects other simulators:
phun_rocket_museum.png

phun_rocket_museum_big.png

Most of it are my designs over almost a year of wasting time in Phun/Algodoo.
If anyone is interested, here are they all:
http://orbides.1gb.ru/orbf/Rocket_land_museum.phz

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I foresee a universal information system (UIS), which will give everyone access at any given moment to the contents of any book that has ever been published or any magazine or any fact. The UIS will have individual miniature-computer terminals, central control points for the flood of information, and communication channels incorporating thousands of artificial communications from satellites, cables, and laser lines. Even the partial realization of the UIS will profoundly affect every person, his leisure activities, and his intellectual and artistic development. Unlike television...the UIS will give each person maximum freedom of choice and will require individual activity. But the true historic role of the UIS will be to break down the barriers to the exchange of information among countries and people.

(Andrei Sakharov, Saturday Review/ World, 24 August 1974.)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Except for the DRM rootkits that will be surreptitiously installed in your brain when you try to download something...

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Or the low bandwidth rates in third world countries. :dry:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Well, FSX is running pretty well on the new system. I'm not really able to tell how much of a difference DirectX 11 is making, but the defaults are funning fine on next to full settings.
I'm thinking of saving up for a 9800 to replace my 9400, although I hear the 8800 is the best graphics card for FSX.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Getting to the moon seems to be easier than getting to school and home by train this week... :chainsaw:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Get a clear, flat-round glass cup and some grainy sugar, go into a dark room and wait for dark eyes, spread the sugar on a flat solid surface, roll the glass over it, crushing it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Getting to the moon seems to be easier than getting to school and home by train this week...

At least you don't have to deal with snow on the way to the moon. Maybe we should tell that the DB.