Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How is that? You really think someone willing to get drunk will care about the too-young-no-drinking law?

It is a difference if you know how intoxicated you can be even after "just a small beer" (though the minister president of Bavaria once claimed that you can still drive a car after two "Mass" - about two liters). I know quite many young people who think they can still use a bike or even a small motor cycle after some beers, try it, fail epically. The damage is just less than having the same kids in the same moment of enlightenment, sit in a 1.4 ton car at 140 km/h.

Not all people are so stupid to drive a car when they know they are terribly intoxicated, even though some always are. Strange enough, you even have drunken drivers doing deadly accidents in places where alcohol is official forbidden.

It is just the teaching effect: would you believe how bad your perception and situation awareness really is, if you haven't experienced it in first person view? Even if somebody respected would tell you? Would you? And even if you drive intoxicated - would you drive different if you wouldn't know how bad the situation is?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Isn't it great? ;) And I've hardly driven in the months since I got my permit. XD I guarentee you, I'm going to be the worst driver in town in a week. lol

I just had experienced my girlfriend driving for the first time since her driving lessons in a car with manual transmission, after driving automatic for a short distance every other month for years. You can't be much worse. :p

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
:) For my birthday I got: Forza Motorsports 3 for XBOX 360, $100 directly for a flying 'lesson' :D, a couple cool shirts, and an iPod Nano!!! (that ipod is way cooler than I expected)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know quite many young people who think they can still use a bike or even a small motor cycle after some beers

although, DRIVING my bycicle was never the problem... getting ON it was the hard part!:lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Finally, a plot that shows the world of orbiter as it is:

http://xkcd.com/681_large/

well..sort of... I have doubts the dimensions of the plot are right.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice! not one of Gary Larson's is it?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
No, it's a xkcd by Randall Munroe, not Gary Larson's The Far Side...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So as I get older I have managed to stay pretty aware of developments in pop culture and various subcultures. I was well aware of what "emo" and "goth" meant, for instance, but somehow I missed "scene", until I stumbled across it on urbandictionary...hilarious!

The whole Twilight vampire thing is something I've chosen to ignore. We already went through this 15 years ago with Ann Rice and Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, amd of course Sarah Michelle Geller. Nothing new here, kids, move along. Time for vampires to be replaced by something newer and edgier, please.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Just wait until everyone runs around blue.
Then you wish the old times back where everyone was goth, scene or emo.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think I'll just leave this here.

hugs.jpg

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
GAH WTF IS THAT!? :hunter:

Seriously though, prawns are awesome... :p

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like a millipede. Horrible things you find in your house occasionally, and feel the need to nerve gas the whole place and burn it to the ground.