Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
but you should at least do a chkdsk and maybe also use more advanced tools to see if there's corruption in either your master file table or its mirror.

Still leaves the problem that I can't frickin' start chkdisk, nor anything else really... :facepalm:

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
It might help, but of course when I try to start the program responsible for that, I get the same error. I can't start pretty much any program, except for the explorer. And even when I go to a folder and start the exe directly, I still get the same error. It's really perplexing...

What if try to do it through DOS F8 menu?

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Still leaves the problem that I can't frickin' start chkdisk, nor anything else really... :facepalm:

Safe mode with command prompt from the F8 startup menu and a Windows recovery disk are both good options.

If all else fails, you can rig the drive into a working Windows machine (or attach it externally with a USB to SATA adapter) and run chkdisk from the working Windows installation.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I have a textbook rental due to be returned to Amazon by the end of the month.
The book is worth less than $20. The buyout price has been changed to $250. And will be charged if I were to not return my rental.
I'll be returning that book. :p

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Disk checked, no errors. In a moment of inspiration, I throw a CD into the CD drive and see if I can start anything from there. Same problem, the files are not found although they're there in the explorer and I just clicked on them. Definitely not an HD issue, I guess that's at least something.

Some further searching, nothing really matching the problem, but some things that might be vaguely related. Most propose to fix a bad registry entry. Of course, I can't start Regedit. This is getting annoying... :shifty:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
<This post is unrelated to anything above>

I'm pretty sure I have recommended Malwarebytes before. But let me do so again.
Malwarebytes licenses now apply to three PCs for home use. One license, three PCs, $25, never needs renewal.
Malwarebytes is also the best anti-malware software I've used. Although I simultaneously run another anti-virus, as is recommended, Malwarebytes is the best at detected things that would otherwise go undetected, and rarely ever gives false positives. (which are corrected promptly)
Additionally, you aren't baited for more money or presented with bloatware, toolbars, etc!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Had a weird crash while using the new hard drive...
Fluke number two? Or mother board out to get me...?

(A thought... I'm using the same SATA cable as before... maybe I shouldn't)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Business plan for this weeekend:

This saturday my company (large scale printing & graphic design) will play against company we're often working with (offset printing works - flyers, posters, business cards etc) in a football (soccer) match.

Winner can place $500 order in loosing company without payment. After the game there will be party for workers and their families.

Intent is to get workers to know eachother so cooperation goes more smoothly.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
This is COMPLETELY random at this point. I had this question for months and no where to say it, and this thread seems appropriate.

Is there ANY way to convert .skb/.skp to .msh? At all? :idk:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, our metric-Napoléon-is-the-good-guy-base 10-is-awesome-pints.

tumblr_lqrbfcKboZ1qjtn0ko1_500.jpg

I'm getting one!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This is COMPLETELY random at this point. I had this question for months and no where to say it, and this thread seems appropriate.

Is there ANY way to convert .skb/.skp to .msh? At all? :idk:
Do you have the Pro version of Sketchup? Then you can use the in-built function to export .skb to .obj, import the .obj into Wings3D, texture that, and then export it to .msh using the aformentioned .msh exporter.

But if you have the free version (like me), you need a plug-in to export to .obj. Since it's the free version, it tends to divide all of your faces into triangles. I clean that up in Wings3D by selecting faces with identical normals (facing the same direction) and pressing backspace.

"Notes: Babel3D requires an free account to convert meshes"
and now it's some stupid "free trial" nonsense.