Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Does anyone here use Haskell ? How does it compare to C++ ?

I try to use it for something useful, but its nearly impossible without studying math or satanic magic.

Castor

Reaction score
I just found this one now:

http://xkcd.com/1244/

:woohoo: Orbiter!

Hint: Check the title text

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Maybe try Python or Perl instead? What do you need to use it for?

Not planning to do anything particular, just wanted to know if it was worth the time learning it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Went out and saw the new Godzilla last night with some friends. It was fun, if nothing else. I could sum it up as "almost every part where people weren't talking was awesome."

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, new Godzilla was good.
Even the plot managed to be slightly surprising, since i expected basically a remake of the 1998 film.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Certainly more plot and less fighting than I bargained for.
But kind of in a good way. It was enjoyable.
Gotta love Walter Whi--Bryan Cranston.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
A plot? In a kaiju movie? Dude, plot is definitely a four-letter word there!:lol:

:shifty: Did someone say kaiju movie? :shifty:
2517698-8985429894-pacif.jpg

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Random Shameless Plug

Just a little something I was working on yesterday. It needs a few tweaks, but it'll have to do for now. On to learning with the real bird.

The A2A Simulations Cessna C172R in the livery of N9634Q, a C172M based at KHNB in Huntingburg, Indiana. Some of you may recongize the plane... ;)
picture.php

This is my first repaint for MSFS since FS2K, and I'd forgotten how relaxing and rewarding I find it.

If anyone has the A2A 172 and is interested, as soon as the upload is approved it'll be available at AVSIM & I can provide the link. Also included in the upload is an interior that very closely matches the real 34Q, courtesy of Gunnar van der Meeren, A2A.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
:shifty: Did someone say kaiju movie? :shifty:

"Kaiju eiga" (monster movie) is the generic Japanese term to describe, well, movies with monsters. Del Toro called his alien megameasts "kaiju" to pay homage to genre.

Pacific Rim was good but it could have been really great. Now it seems we could finally have a real Starship Troopers movie with powered armour (and more true to the novel hopefully). And what about a proper Kido Senshi Gundam live-action movie...

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
"Kaiju eiga" (monster movie) is the generic Japanese term to describe, well, movies with monsters. Del Toro called his alien megabeasts "kaiju" to pay homage to genre.

Pacific Rim was good but it could have been really great.

I agree with most of the assessment above. Yeah, some physics were bypassed for the sake of the story. But it was a good story. Take two broken people, and put them together. They help each other become whole. I love that about Pacific Rim: It's not just a summer blockbuster with epic set-piece battles; it's also a more human story. Just like the new Godzilla.

Now it seems we could finally have a real Starship Troopers movie with powered armour (and more true to the novel hopefully).
Oh HELL yes. Point me to the Kickstarter, please.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I agree with most of the assessment above. Yeah, some physics were bypassed for the sake of the story. But it was a good story. Take two broken people, and put them together. They help each other become whole. I love that about Pacific Rim: It's not just a summer blockbuster with epic set-piece battles; it's also a more human story. Just like the new Godzilla.

Its also the kind of movie, I would wish to become a Roleplaying Game. Despite all technological nonsense: Its kind of cool for this.

To quote another member of the mecha genre: Its Battletech, not Logitech.

Oh HELL yes. Point me to the Kickstarter, please.

Oh yeah... but I can't find any. Neal H. Moritz is the guy you should talk to there... he works on this plan since 2011... maybe already lost in development hell.

Well, the direct-to-TV Marauder movie already went closer to the original... but lacked some guts.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
"Kaiju eiga" (monster movie) is the generic Japanese term to describe, well, movies with monsters. Del Toro called his alien megameasts "kaiju" to pay homage to genre.

Pacific Rim was good but it could have been really great.

Oh, no, I knew that. That was part of the joke. Guess it wasn't funny... :(
I also agree with that second part...

Now, completely unrelated to this, I've just installed Windows 8.1 after a long time of putting it off, and right now, I hate it. It changed my computer... :shifty:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Oh, no, I knew that. That was part of the joke. Guess it wasn't funny... :(

Ah, that was that whooshing sound over my head. I thought it was King Ghidorah.:thumbup:

Now, completely unrelated to this, I've just installed Windows 8.1 after a long time of putting it off, and right now, I hate it. It changed my computer... :shifty:

Not completely unrelated: you just installed a kaiju in your computer.:lol:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Business plan for this weeekend:

This saturday my company (large scale printing & graphic design) will play against company we're often working with (offset printing works - flyers, posters, business cards etc) in a football (soccer) match.

Winner can place $500 order in loosing company without payment. After the game there will be party for workers and their families.

Intent is to get workers to know eachother so cooperation goes more smoothly.

We won. But 2 days after game I can barelly move. I think I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
We won. But 2 days after game I can barelly move. I think I'm getting too old for this stuff.

You should play more often... after playing against my coworkers every week, even some harder matches only make me faster. But I also fear suddenly discovering that I am not 20 anymore. :lol: