Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Play to your own strengths, then. The night before the match, skulk up behind them while they're filling up their tanks and bust their kneecaps open with a claw hammer.

Switzerland is supposed to be neutral D:

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
That kaiju in my computer did a good job destroying a few cities...
Now I can't see .gifs, change screen brightness, or go in sleep mode, to name a few problems.

Thanks W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ kaiju! :thumbup:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

If you extracted all the elements, purified them, and sold them, the market would crash (Both in the sense that the supply would cause a drop in prices, and the sense that the market is like 20 miles above the mantle and you just removed the crust supporting it).

I haven't laughed that hard in a great while... thanks for brightening up my rather tedious work atm.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Speaking of aforementioned tedious work, Making a very detailed road map for a project that'll take several years is none the less a good thing. Because when you're done and look at it, you notice that what you basically wrote was:

1. Planning
2. Fundraising
3. Implementation
4. ???
5. Profit!!

So you start filling in the gap at step 4, only to notice that you now have the same problem on a smaller scale. Rinse and repeat until scale becomes negligibly small. Or die of brain rot on the way...

MattBaker

Reaction score
To me that's always the problem about "You have three wishes" - "Unlimited *money or precious stuff here*"

I mean my knowledge of economics is quite limited but if you'd for example have unlimited gold you'd probably have less worth than a lottery winner because you just crash the market with your tons of gold.

Matias Saibene

Developing and CMakin'
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
ssc-tuatara-2.jpg

Vendor: This is your new car, Matías, I hope you enjoy it. It's free.

Me: Oh thank you!

--------?---------?------------------?---------------?-----------------------

Again! Damn lucid dreams!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Interesting: If you put a hamster wheel into nature, small rodents will use it as often as domesticated rodents like to run in the wheel. As do frogs.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The throw or the extremly low pass?

Or the fact that the light gardening tool was not simply turned into tiny pieces by the propeller and ejected far away from everything by the force.

Maybe damaging the propeller... but that's not too problematic.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
The throw or the extremly low pass?

Can't it be both?

I remember hearing a story about a Hawker Typhoon flying down a street in France either in preparation for or actually on D-Day. He was so low, he was IN THE STREET.
Then a German solider walks out of the building he had been in... and has his head taken out by the Typhoon's wingtip traveling at over 300 mph.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
To me that's always the problem about "You have three wishes" - "Unlimited *money or precious stuff here*"

I mean my knowledge of economics is quite limited but if you'd for example have unlimited gold you'd probably have less worth than a lottery winner because you just crash the market with your tons of gold.

Not if you mean an unlimited quantity you can tap into at will with nobody the wiser. If you're wise in your spending and don't go all Snoop Dogg and Kardashian on shopping sprees and conspicuous consumption, you can just buy a house or rent one where you want, travel, buy the stuff you like and do what you want to without the worry of having to work for it. It doesn't mean you get a fantastillion and dump it into the market, that would be dumb.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can't it be both?

I remember hearing a story about a Hawker Typhoon flying down a street in France either in preparation for or actually on D-Day. He was so low, he was IN THE STREET.
Then a German solider walks out of the building he had been in... and has his head taken out by the Typhoon's wingtip traveling at over 300 mph.

Sounds pretty legendary. Especially since even the bigger roads in France are less wide than the wingspan of a Typhoon.

I remember that the Typhoons had really been flying low - but never below street lighting altitude.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Not if you mean an unlimited quantity you can tap into at will with nobody the wiser. If you're wise in your spending and don't go all Snoop Dogg and Kardashian on shopping sprees and conspicuous consumption, you can just buy a house or rent one where you want, travel, buy the stuff you like and do what you want to without the worry of having to work for it. It doesn't mean you get a fantastillion and dump it into the market, that would be dumb.

Remember, the modern market works a lot by hypothetic scenarios and "selling the boar before you hunted it". The chance of you suddenly having so much money will already make the prices go up, since you might spend it.

Just like the prices for cars will go up, when you just plan to buy a car, and the market will crash, after you decided to not buy one.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This reminds me of a book I read several years ago called "The Twenty-One Balloons".

[The protagonist] discovers that [Krakatoa] is populated by twenty families sharing the wealth of a secret diamond mine - by far the richest in the world - which they operate as a cartel. Each year, the families sail to the outside world with a small amount of diamonds, to purchase supplies for the hidden and sophisticated civilization they have built on the island (they explain that introducing too many diamonds into the market at once would drive down their value to "a shipload of broken glass").

Last edited: