Humor Random Comments Thread

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
What's wrong with that?!? How can you look at the sun and not think of Maxwell's equations, see a fern and not consider the fractal that generated it, or behold the sky and not visualise cosmic particles decaying in a Feynman diagram? The world would be pretty bleak ... (as exemplified in the rather bare first picture).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ok...I can agree to the Feynman diagram and the fern fractal - but Maxwell's equations are not what I see then.

I see Planck's law.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
What are the odds?

I come home after work today, and find spots of poop over my pillow, all pointing at the open window. The window screen has a spot where a bird 'bombed' it.

What are the odds a bird pooped, for it to hit a small section of window, go through it, and land on my pillow? uck

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What are the odds a bird pooped, for it to hit a small section of window, go through it, and land on my pillow? uck
Given the circumstances, I would say this calls for a ballistics investigation.

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

I don't know how to show a square root with a normal font.

If things fell up, would planets be spheres?

I'm not sure whether shmup fans are masochists or sadists.

All cakes are lies, but not all lies are cakes...or are they?

√ Thanks to Japanese IME PAD handwriting recognition.

No such thing as up, but if gravity were reversed, I think they'd be a fine mist of fluff.

Shmup fans? Sadomasochists. Or in our case, lunatics.

Philosoraptor-if-the-cake-is-a-lie-is-pie-the-truth.jpg

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What's wrong with that?!? How can you look at the sun and not think of Maxwell's equations, see a fern and not consider the fractal that generated it, or behold the sky and not visualise cosmic particles decaying in a Feynman diagram? The world would be pretty bleak ... (as exemplified in the rather bare first picture).
Cheers to that, mate. :cheers:

Bj said:
I come home after work today, and find spots of poop over my pillow, all pointing at the open window. The window screen has a spot where a bird 'bombed' it.

What are the odds a bird pooped, for it to hit a small section of window, go through it, and land on my pillow? uc
Roughly the same odds as something perfectly normal and harmless happening to me, I'd guess. :shrug:

River Crab said:
√ Thanks to Japanese IME PAD handwriting recogniti on

You and your newfangled technology! :rolleyes:

Of course, I could just use x^(1/2)...

Screamer

Reaction score
Autofcs

Autofcs work with the XR2......BUT you must have a high frame rate. 50 fps and above. Otherwise it's gonna be a theeth shuddering experience...:rofl::thumbup:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Everyonce in a while, you'll hear extreme environmentalists advocate giving up civilization and returning to running naked through the forests for the sake of the environment. Right idea, wrong reasoning. The real reason to abandon civilization? Its dependence on bureaucracy. That said, I'm not sure if my urge to go running naked through the forests is the desire to return to a pre-bureaucratic primal state, or if it's simply a sign that my mind has snapped after my university, after all its harping on how E-mail is supposed to be the primary channel of communication between the university and its students, and how we should check our E-mail regularly, sent a *time critical* and *important* piece of communication across the Atlantic by bleeping :censored: [line noise] *SNAIL MAIL* (With a full one *month* delay). :uhh:
:beathead::beathead::beathead:
:beathead::beathead::beathead:

[/vent]

Director

Reaction score
Website
webpages.charter.net
Everyonce in a while, you'll hear extreme environmentalists advocate giving up civilization and returning to running naked through the forests for the sake of the environment. Right idea, wrong reasoning. The real reason to abandon civilization? Its dependence on bureaucracy. That said, I'm not sure if my urge to go running naked through the forests is the desire to return to a pre-bureaucratic primal state, or if it's simply a sign that my mind has snapped
[/vent]

Berries. Yummmm!

Mosquitos? Oh Nooooo!

Quick, run for the spaceship!

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You can run through the woods naked if you'd like. I'll keep my warm showers and air-conditioned, insect-free bedroom, thank you very much.

Also, I would like to have a snowball's chance when the Big Asteroid is finally spotted some day. Worshipping the Lord of the Flies won't save you then; technology is your only hope.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
You can run through the woods naked if you'd like. I'll keep my warm showers and air-conditioned, insect-free bedroom, thank you very much.
You can have the best of both worlds and only run naked through the forest on weekends :dry:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Finally my crest was removed for good but still I have metal rods in my heel.

leg01.jpg

leg02.jpg

Another surgery in August, so I can forget about sailing this year :(

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
When medicine looks like some unskilled trainee tortured you...