Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Feel free to use this thread for posting random, off-topic comments. The forum rules still apply, so no inappropriate posting.

*Random comments found else where on the board will be moved here.

unknown

Reaction score
Yeah, Tex, but I can't.
My father said, there are the problems of installation.

I thought I am mad because of m6 down.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My random thoughts, in no particular order:

1) I wish my cold would go away.
2) I wish the undergraduates would stop bugging me.
3) I wish EUMETSAT could launch another MSG into a different orbit.
4) I hope Arsenal win this evening.
5) I hope it's clear so I can see the ATV/ISS
6) I can has cheezburgerz?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
1) I need caffeine
2) I need breakfast
3) I need caffeine
4) Why am I watching the celebration of the new director of the Goethe association in TV?
5) What am I doing here?
6) No, because me eated them.

Tex: BTW, can you also make it possible that posts by people I ignore don't get displayed in the latest post list? I have the hope of reducing the signal-to-noise for me that way, at least the threads get more readable now.

unknown

Reaction score
IMFD 5.1g

Released 1 day after IMFD 5.1f.

unknown

Reaction score
Addon Betas

Note: Those betas are testing and pre-release that can damage to your systems.

unknown

Reaction score
IMFD - Space Navigation Computer Version 5.1g

Launched at 28.03.2008

This is MFD addon for Orbiter space flight simulator version 2006

About the new Version

Latest features in anew release:
+ New Orbit-Insert program
+ Apollo P30 Compatibility mode
+ Maneuver information uplink into Apollo AGC
+ Some scenario depended auto configurations

Key Features of the IMFD:
  • Map program can be used to display entire solar system and predict the actual course of the vessel with numerical trajectory calculator. The predictor can be also used to predict a hypothetical scenarios as well. This is very useful when planning a free-return trajectories.
  • Course program is a collection of minor navigation programs those will let you to navigate through the solar system to other planets, moons and comets. Primary programs are based on the Lambert solver. In the most simplest case only a date of ejection and the Date of arrival is required as an user input.
  • BaseApproach program is designed for Apollo style Moon to Earth return missions. It can be used to target a bases on the Mars and land directly without an orbit insertion. The program will also allow to establish an orbit right over a specific base on a planet so that it is possible to continue the descent on the base. That's very useful when landing on the Moon.
  • Surface Launch program is usefull when starting interplanetary or lunar missions from the planet surface. The program will compute the time to launch window and required launch heading. This program is the only one that doesn't compute any burn guidance data. A vessel specific ascent profile should be used to reach low orbit.
  • Orbit Eject program is required when starting interplanetary missions from the orbit. This program is used in a combination with the other programs to convert the Escape information into burn guidance data.

Thanks, jarmonik.

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
1. I'd wish my seminar would start now.
2. I think my I'm gonna drive to Springfield, IL to interview a North American SNJ pilot.
3. I'm probably not going to fly today because of the weather.
4. My cigarette tastes so bad.
5. Ancient history is such a waste of my time.
6. My checkride is gonna be rescheduled because of storms.
7. Yeh, I would like a cheezburger.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am anxious about taking the learner's permit test on Friday. It's so stupid, they gave us an entire book to read, and I don't know specifically which part of the book the questions will be taken out of...

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I want time to slow down.

Everything moves so fast that it looks like a still photograph.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Hey Tex, Why did you ban Unknown, we didnt want him banned we just wanted you to give him a warning. It's a bit harsh banning him or did he do something bad when i was gone?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hey Tex, Why did you ban Unknown, we didnt want him banned we just wanted you to give him a warning. It's a bit harsh banning him or did he do something bad when i was gone?
He was a spammer. Despite getting a stern warning from Tex he kept on spamming the forum with useless threads.

And this is what heppens when you don't listen to the admin: you get banned on the spot.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Ok, gees i think i might want to think twice before starting another ryans pointless space facts. Hey that reminds me theres another one coming up.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, gees i think i might want to think twice before starting another ryans pointless space facts.
Those are in the "green zone" unless you start posting multiple of them in a very short amount time. This is was unknown did: posted a whole bunch(200+) useless threads in the span of 20-45 hours.

And it would be good if you started a collection thread for them where you can post a new one every day without flooding the entire Space News section with just those threads.