Humor Random Comments Thread

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My girlfriend is pregnant.

I'm so stunned that I don't know what to think about it.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Stunned because you didn't do it and this is a terrible way to find out that she was cheating on you?

Or stunned because you weren't expecting her to get pregnant?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Simple: Congratulations!!! :thumbup::cheers:

Of course, unless you just know each other for a few months. I know quite a lot of people who managed to need only one shot through the condom (Which implies that they had no idea how to use one.)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Apparently, if I'm caught on a social network like Facebook or MySpace on a computer at my school, my account will be suspended for 10 days. Is O-F considered a social network? Not like it matters, considering it's a fairly obscure site and no one would know any better...
Lucky for me, I have a computer science class where I can have a computer to myself with no one waiting on me. I'm not supposed to, but I go to O-F fairly regularly from there now. The teacher doesn't mind too much. :thumbup: I've even run Orbiter off a flash drive a few times. (and sadly, it runs better than off my own computer :p)
Facebook, MySpace, Youtube, etc. are already blocked sites on our school network but every once in a while a good proxy gets shared around the school. ;) (Which can have major punishments, but you have to get caught first!)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Stunned because you didn't do it and this is a terrible way to find out that she was cheating on you?

I was suprised but surely it's my child. Anyway pill didn't work so now I'm almost father. God bless that I have conditions to raise this child.
New orbinaut is growing.

Of course, unless you just know each other for a few months. I know quite a lot of people who managed to need only one shot through the condom (Which implies that they had no idea how to use one.)

It wasn't one shot - she's my girlfriend for over a year and we know eachother for almost 6 so it isn't "random shot".

It is 6'th week but I'll update you all.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Stop telling me about the bird, for goodness's sake!! I ALREADY KNOW THAT THE BIRD IS THE WORD!!!

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Lucky for me, I have a computer science class where I can have a computer to myself with no one waiting on me. I'm not supposed to, but I go to O-F fairly regularly from there now. The teacher doesn't mind too much. :thumbup: I've even run Orbiter off a flash drive a few times. (and sadly, it runs better than off my own computer :p)
Facebook, MySpace, Youtube, etc. are already blocked sites on our school network but every once in a while a good proxy gets shared around the school. ;) (Which can have major punishments, but you have to get caught first!)

My second year of computer science in high school, we were in with the third years. There were only a few of us, we all liked being there, and all of us were fairly mature, so the rule was pretty much "Do what you want, as long as your work gets done". That was one fun year.

For my third year, there weren't even enough students in second and third year combined to merit a separate class, so we got dumped in with the first years. That was maybe 20 or 25 kids, and fairly ill behaved. Same teacher, still nice as ever, but the first years forced her to rule with an iron fist... :dry:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
My second year of computer science in high school, we were in with the third years. There were only a few of us, we all liked being there, and all of us were fairly mature, so the rule was pretty much "Do what you want, as long as your work gets done". That was one fun year.

For my third year, there weren't even enough students in second and third year combined to merit a separate class, so we got dumped in with the first years. That was maybe 20 or 25 kids, and fairly ill behaved. Same teacher, still nice as ever, but the first years forced her to rule with an iron fist... :dry:
Last year (my first year), there was just a Computer Science I class with a BUNCH of people. But they were cool people, we got to do fun things, we'd play games sometimes, so it was great. But this year, there are 5 people in Computer Science II and about 5 in Computer Science I but we're combined into one class. It sucks this year though. :p Three of the people in my class are more or less idiots who try to act nerdy, and plain suck at computer science. The other guy at least has a brain and does okay. I'm kind of the one person that gets away with the most because I can generally finish things extremely fast and the teacher knows that I will get things done. But so far, we haven't had any fun projects what so ever. :p

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever worked a night shift? I work 2000-0600, and it's killing me. I get home in the morning and can't sleep past noon, and this is after falling asleep at 0800. :zzz:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Has anyone here ever worked a night shift? I work 2000-0600, and it's killing me. I get home in the morning and can't sleep past noon, and this is after falling asleep at 0800. :zzz:
If you can't stand the situation, move away from it.
If you can't move away from the situation, accept it fully.
Anything but stress.

Seriously, how long was you at it?
In theory, it shouldn't be worse than a jet lag to Japan, and people adapt to that after a week or so. What makes it different from that?

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
So in Computer class today, we had a small trivia game. My team was given this question, and here's how the discussion went.
Q: What 2 internet browsers are the most popular?
*It's my turn*
Some kid: Nick, let me answer this, I got it.
Me: I know the answer too, can't I do it?
Same kid: No no, I got this!
Me: Ok then.
Same kid: Uh, Google and Yahoo.
Me: *facepalm*

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Some years ago I had French, and in one lesson we had something about Toulouse, and the teacher asked what the biggest airplane builder in Europe is. Someone answered: Lufthansa :rofl:.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you can't stand the situation, move away from it.
If you can't move away from the situation, accept it fully.
Anything but stress.

Seriously, how long was you at it?
In theory, it shouldn't be worse than a jet lag to Japan, and people adapt to that after a week or so. What makes it different from that?
It's tough because it's sort of random in terms of the schedule. It's three nights a week but those nights always seem to change. Maybe I need routine?

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
It's tough because it's sort of random in terms of the schedule. It's three nights a week but those nights always seem to change. Maybe I need routine?
I have a relative that often works 2300-0700. The best strategy is to get lots of light while you're on shift and make sure the room you are sleeping in is dark (ie, very dark. You want to simulate midnight). I've also read that cooling your body down before sleeping can help (simulates the cool of evening), so maybe try a cool shower?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Working midnight shift is hard because during the day there's always some neighbor using his lawnmower or making some other noise.