Humor Random Comments Thread

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I survived Black Friday 2012. :p

It's only 9:30pm here and already the police have had to break up some fights at at least one store. :rolleyes:

For some reason, they're trying to import that carnival of madness to Canada. I was nearly in a serious accident because of people trying to swerve across traffic into retail stores. And by that I mean they are trying to swerve their cars physically into the stores. It's the one day of the year I feel like a real commie, shaking my head at the crazy consumerists. :p

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Black Friday? Never heard about it. Bought Take On Helicopters today and survived the drive to the shop. :p
Saw two [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV432"]FV432's[/ame] on the road.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yeah, thankfully I work the midnight shift. No crazy shopping for me. I've not gone shopping on "Black Friday" in 15-16 years. And I'll spend the next 8 weeks or so avoiding Wally-World and the area malls as if they were zombie infested (now that I think about it, that's the best way to describe Wall-Mart normally).

I did manage to do some online shopping, I got my dad the Rolling Stones edition of trivial pursuit, and I got me "In the Shadow of the Moon" on DVD (or rather that's what I got for the wife to get me).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
..., and I got me "In the Shadow of the Moon" on DVD (or rather that's what I got for the wife to get me).

Yeah. I recommend it :)

I currently need to convinced some closely related people, that the upcoming Knorkator CD box is the right christmas gift for me...

Otherwise, I already have everything I need...except a lathe. Nobody wants to give me some lathe... :cry:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've been thinking about a lathe myself. So I can turn my own table legs and stuff. I wouldn't want a metal lathe for other nefarious reasons, I'm probably on some "watch-list" or another for reasons enough.

Why are those guys in black suits at the door again?...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I've been thinking about a lathe myself. So I can turn my own table legs and stuff. I wouldn't want a metal lathe for other nefarious reasons, I'm probably on some "watch-list" or another for reasons enough.

Well, table legs and stuff would be my girlfriends department, she is (as crafting teacher) miles ahead of me in that field.

I am really more interesting in metal lathes, but then, I don't plan large parts there, some robotics projects would simply become viable, if I could produce some parts myself, instead of having to pay a company for it. Especially if I don't yet know, if this part makes sense. In the university, it was always nice to have a metal workshop in the basement, which produced you every part you needed in a few days at worst (record had been 15 minutes for an adapter).

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For some reason, they're trying to import that carnival of madness to Canada. I was nearly in a serious accident because of people trying to swerve across traffic into retail stores. And by that I mean they are trying to swerve their cars physically into the stores. It's the one day of the year I feel like a real commie, shaking my head at the crazy consumerists. :p

Dont understand it either. I remember reading an opinion piece somewhere last year that it really doesnt make sense business-wise to have a holiday season like this. Most of the gains made off of crazed shoppers foaming at the mouth are probably lost as damaged goods, extra staff, merchandise that doesnt get moved & gets marked down after Christmas, ... the list goes on. Im not a commie, I just cant stand stupid capitalism :rolleyes:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
3371524811_d24630ff90.jpg

It's adorable! :3

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do you know Freelancer, or X3 ? What about that style of gameplay associated with Orbiter physics ?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I survived Black Friday 2012. :p

It's only 9:30pm here and already the police have had to break up some fights at at least one store. :rolleyes:

Went to the NEX (like...two of you might know what that is*. It's the Navy version of Walmart) this morning. I hate shopping now.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Why are those guys in black suits at the door again?...

A DIY nuke plant?

Krikkit

Reaction score
Ian Flemning had obviously a lot of fun when he wrote that one :p

The book only involved V-2s with a nuke being launched from southern England to London. Whomever made the adaptation went a little overboard trying to entertain a post Apollo world.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kearney"]Michael Kearney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Yeah...I feel really dumb tonight...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Family got Galaxy S3s for $0.96 with the Sam's Club Black Friday deal. This phone is such an improvement. The usual cost with contract is $200 EACH.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Family got Galaxy S3s for $0.96 with the Sam's Club Black Friday deal. This phone is such an improvement. The usual cost with contract is $200 EACH.
if you think you've gotten a good deal from a discount offer, first count your fingers, then your limbs, then your relatives.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
A...dollar?

Indeed. The next best deals I saw were $50 and $100.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

if you think you've gotten a good deal from a discount offer, first count your fingers, then your limbs, then your relatives.

Absolutely. Spent the weekend camping with my father and brother. Today is my paternal grandmother's funeral.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Germans don't always win the Formula 1 championship...
...but when they do it's like several years in a row