Humor Random Comments Thread

MattBaker

Reaction score
You can't fertilize animals.

No, but usually animals do eat too. Occasionally. I think you'd be able to argue that the worldwide meat consumption would be impossible without fertilizer and therefore Haber and Bosch.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
No, but usually animals do eat too. Occasionally. I think you'd be able to argue that the worldwide meat consumption would be impossible without fertilizer and therefore Haber and Bosch.

Neither Haber, nor Bosch have invented anything that did feed me. And Haber did invent something that tries to kill me (mustard gas) and Bosch founded a company, that I constantly curse, when my car engine stalls.

Which both in turn makes me angry and makes me in turn hungry. So both don't feed me, but make me starve.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Neither Haber, nor Bosch have invented anything that did feed me.

Wrong. They laid the foundation for the Haber-Bosch process without which we couldn't supply billions of humans with food every day.
And I would call the possibility to produce ammonia industrially an invention. I think it was a novel or unique process, which is part of the definition of an invention.

I don't know how often you were killed by mustard gas or your car engine stalled, but without fertilizer you'd probably wouldn't even exist to complain about that.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Wrong. They laid the foundation for the Haber-Bosch process without which we couldn't supply billions of humans with food every day.

Yes, they produce ammonia - but thats not directly feeding. Indirectly, you have to wonder, how much of your food basket is by fertilizer?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Bosch founded a company, that I constantly curse, when my car engine stalls.

Every single powertool I use is from Bosch. I'll stand by that brand forever.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Yes, they produce ammonia - but thats not directly feeding.

Well, agriculture isn't direct feeding as well but without it there would be a very limited supply of food that is harder to obtain than "Go to the next supermarket/bakery/butcher/whereever else you buy stuff".

To me the word "feeding" includes everything that is required to feed me. Everyone else might have another definition of feeding like the things I eat.:tiphat:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, agriculture isn't direct feeding as well but without it there would be a very limited supply of food that is harder to obtain than "Go to the next supermarket/bakery/butcher/whereever else you buy stuff".

To me the word "feeding" includes everything that is required to feed me. Everyone else might have another definition of feeding like the things I eat.:tiphat:

Yes, everything that is required - how much of that does fertilizer make? 10%? 5%? Maybe just 1%?

MattBaker

Reaction score
Yes, everything that is required - how much of that does fertilizer make? 10%? 5%? Maybe just 1%?

How much of your body height does your head make? 15%?

Just because something isn't the biggest factor it can still be pretty important. If there are no peanuts from this point on I won't be able to eat peanuts. If there was no fertilizer the food prices would skyrocket.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Well, and JPL probes would fail, forgot about that.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
My machine is broken so I've logged in on my brothers machine. I've tried everything. I'm gutted, lost and feel disconnected from the world, which doesn't like me anyway. I'm wearing a hole in the carpet and annoying the missis. I don't know when I can get another one, but give it another week of annoyance and she'll sanction anything to put me back into my chair.

Fingers crossed ay :thumbup: otherwise it could take a while.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Daylight savings. At 3AM the clock will warp back to 2AM.

back+to+the+future.jpeg

MattBaker

Reaction score
Let the days were I'm always confused about time differences to other time zones start!

goaowonk

mnlaflojalee
Reaction score
+2600

Let's see if government changes our time zone to UTC+0 once and for all... I never know which one it is.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Lou Reed passed by at the age of 71. One of the greatest names of rock'n'roll. :salute: