Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
This isn't the basement. It's Brighton Lounge. Here's a picture of a dog dressed like a clown.

iu

Capitalist! :rofl:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, far too serious. Dog doesn't look that happy either.

N.

E

ex-orbinaut

Never a dull moment here. Ecuador leads the world in volcanic activity at the moment, including the gargantuan Cotopaxi. Now this one is dangerous, not like the strombolic Tungurahua, which is just a bit of a livable PITA to those who live near it. A north sector collapse of Cotopaxi, which is weakened, would be catastrophic. The populations of Machachi, Tambillo, Pintag, and Sangolquí / San Rafael would suffer high casualties, if not complete destruction, all of Quito and Latacunga would be seriously affected, and ash fall out on the prevailing winds at present would even affect the port of Guayaquil. According to my old volcanologist mate.

Not a case of if, but when, though that could be as I write this to a couple of hundred years from now, so, MEH. I can see this volcano from where I live, not 50 km away. :lol:

In quieter times, looking at the north sector...

Cotopaxi2.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In other news: The Denali has its name back.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Edinburgh Military Tatoo is on uk telly at the moment. Lots of marching bands ant that sort of stuff. The Swiss Secret Drum Corps very good, hadn't seen them before.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Edinburgh Military Tatoo is on uk telly at the moment. Lots of marching bands ant that sort of stuff. The Swiss Secret Drum Corps very good, hadn't seen them before.

Never before? They are attending nearly every Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

The Edinburgh Military Tattoo was one of the few things in television, that my grandmother and me agreed upon. :lol:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
New to me, it hasn't been on tv for some time. It was a regular fixture in the BBC schedule, but fell out of fashion I presume. Special dispensation this year because of the WWII anniversaries I think. Always a good show.

EDIT Bit of a shock seeing someone do cartwheels in a kilt...

N.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New in the category "stuff that annoys the hell out of me": Websites that make all manners of ridiculous demands of your password to "guarantee" your password strength, and then have the guts to complain that for one your password cannot be longer than 12 characters and for two you are not allowed to use Umlauts. :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
New in the category "stuff that annoys the hell out of me": Websites that make all manners of ridiculous demands of your password to "guarantee" your password strength, and then have the guts to complain that for one your password cannot be longer than 12 characters and for two you are not allowed to use Umlauts. :facepalm:

Funnily more and more websites here follow the "correct horse battery staple" recommendation, especially company intranets.

http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/936:_Password_Strength

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Funnily more and more websites here follow the "correct horse battery staple" recommendation, especially company intranets.

So do I, especially since Swiss German acts as a significant force multiplyer in that concept (we have a lot of words that don't exist in any dictionary anywhere). So it's extra annoying when a site tries to restrict me to an unmemorisable short sequence of random characters that don't even allow umlauts.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So do I, especially since Swiss German acts as a significant force multiplyer in that concept (we have a lot of words that don't exist in any dictionary anywhere). So it's extra annoying when a site tries to restrict me to an unmemorisable short sequence of random characters that don't even allow umlauts.

God bless the Bambini code? :lol:

(My new car has its call sign from Bambini code actually)