Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
While SATW is Scandinavia-centric, Polandball is not just Poland-centric, case in point:

4HgrgDN.png

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
The upside of this weather is that it favours "expedited" driving on unrestricted highways :) (with the surprisingly low traffic also helping a lot)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Another reason to hate Xmas: I really need some parts from the hardware store but everything is closed tonight. Scrooge was the good guy.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Another reason to hate Xmas:.
How long do the holidays last over there?
Surprisingly, Google does not get the question.

Here it's from Jan 1 to Jan 10 inclusive, with 1 thru 4 looking essentially like an apocalyptic wasteland with no survivors and occasional fireworks.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Here it's from Jan 1 to Jan 10 inclusive, with 1 thru 4 looking essentially like an apocalyptic wasteland with no survivors and occasional fireworks.

This year in Germany, the shops are closed from the afternoon of the 24th to the 27th (Except for exceptions like Wolfsburg, where a Sunday shopping is planned)

The 3.5 days that follow next week are a battlefield - everybody is crazy and needs food and fireworks, some need especially much of the fireworks, because some already have premature detonations.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
But Poland cannot into space...

:p

Rubbish. Enough antimatter, and anything can into space! Everything can into space together (in apart way)!

Poland can into space is too modest goal. I go make Pacific Ocean can into space.

*runs off, begins digging tunnels for antimatter under Hawaii.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score

Many people take Christmas eve (Dec. 24th) off from work, and many will be off through New Years, to Jan 3rd, if they have the vacation time. Reality will start to return Monday Jan. 4th.

As both Christmas and New Years Day are federal holidays and land on weekdays this year, one need only use only 4 days of vacation to get 10 days in a row off.

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It is - we also have like 2 satelites :p

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Not the worst Christmas I've ever had. For the first time in 20 years I haven't had to drive across the state to see family because my sister's husband's family was getting together today. My family doesn't care about the calendar so much so we decided Christmas will be tomorrow.

I got to hang out in my boat house / storage shed; framed and decked the attic for storage, and enjoyed some sun in my t-shirt. I'm actually still in my shed, rocking out to the Charlie Brown Christmas Album by the Vince Gauraldi Trio and drinking some of my homebrew porter while cleaning up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jpGOb-gB-o"]Charlie Brown Christmas Album ~ Vince Guaraldi - YouTube[/ame]

I just recently discovered that I get enough wifi bars from my house router out here, so there is some man cave potential here.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A while back(5 years ago) i got into making maps and imagery for wikipedia. I was randomly on FB and i saw one of my maps had gotten shared several thousand times as part of a political meme. Really interesting feeling.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just found out, that one of the few remaining still operating Zuse Z22 computers are standing in one outpost campus of the Ostfalia university, just one hour on the road B4 to the north, in the middle of the Lüneburg Heath ... Maybe I can find out when it will be booted again, should be interesting to still hear a drum memory/vacuum tube/core memory machine launch.

The Z22 was pretty popular at universities for some years, as early affordable computer (Did still cost the university 10,000 DM in 1970 to buy a used one). Also it was the reason why the German dub of "2001" had HAL sing "Hänschen Klein" instead of "Daisy Bell", because some years before, a Z22 already sang this German childrens song with some public notice. (The Z22 had a speaker as output device for debugging, which produced sounds based on the current state of the machine - and technicians used this speaker already early for electronic voice and sound experiments)

Last edited: