Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Time stands still at the iron hill

... No, not Manowar. :headbang:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not a bad song as long as you don't watch the awful official video.

Rush - Time Stand Still (HQ) - YouTube

Wrong band, wrong song:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE4Ms0-OyZY&list=RDqE4Ms0-OyZY#t=95"]Blind Guardian - Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill) live Imaginations Through The Looking Glass - YouTube[/ame]

(Note: skip to 1:10, there's a bit of an intro)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Question: I have a device that outputs composite video to an RCA jack. How can I directly record that to a digital format such as mp4, mpeg, or whatever?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Something like this might do the trick, as Notebook mentioned. Once you have the signal in a common digital format, so for example via HDMI, a standard capture device/card can be used.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The key word is a DVR, digital video recorder, if you need something portable, or a tv tuner if it's stationary.

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Omg! Orbiter 2014 is still unreleased! I'm so jay about those who actually take the trouble to get it with that complex procedure; it looks charming.:tiphat:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
DVR...these were good:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-3_(video)

and these:
http://www.pec.co.uk/pecvnew/used-s...a500-digital-betacam-digibeta-studio-vtr.html
probably the best vtr ever(personal opinion)

sadly this didn't get the credit it deserved:
http://www.lionlamb.us/quad/dct_1.jpg
http://www.lionlamb.us/quad/ampexdig.html
Ampex DCT-700d

When I was a lad...
http://www.lionlamb.us/quad/vr2000_2.jpg
The Ampex VR2000 represented the next generation after the VR1000. Considered a top of the line machine, it had provisions for two different video standards. It also contained a dropout compensator. It was solid state except for four 7895's in the video head, and 12 6761's in the video record amp. (The VR1100 was introduced before the VR2000, but was not as high performance as either the VR1000 or VR2000 due to it's early transistorized preamps.) (The RCA TR-70, also introduced about this time, used vacuum tube preamps.) The video head was the new mark 10, which has interchangable preamp sections, and air bearings. (A ball bearing version was also available.) All earlier machines could be easily retrofit to use the mark 10.

Weighing in at 1300 pounds, and 3 rack units wide, it was self contained, but still a monster of a machine. It never was available with an overhead console. There is one significant variation on the basic VR2000, the VR2000B. The VR2000B featured a vastly improved audio section, and was prewired for a lot more options. It also used circuit breakers rather than fuses on the system power supply.

Few of these machines are still in service. There is a VR2000B in the Quadruplex Park collection.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Omg! Orbiter 2014 is still unreleased! I'm so jay about those who actually take the trouble to get it with that complex procedure; it looks charming.:tiphat:

Actually the procedure is pretty simple now. Unzip it and run. Download the DX client and run even faster.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Regarding the Olympic games, while Italy might not be very strong in athletics, when things get hitty-shooty-stabby the picture appears to change a bit:
V6CE4nG.jpg

(From the top: fencing, skeet shooting and judo, plus diving and swimming)

looking through the release notes on the day one patch for no man's sky, I realise that these guys are crazier than I thought :blink:

I'm cautiously optimistic regarding this game, but I'll be waiting for the reviews at least (it's not that digital copies could run out).

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Reluctantly coming to the conclusion I have put petrol in my diesel-engine car...you have to laugh, don't you?

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
It drove about 120 miles after the "event" then the probs started, rough running, then wouldn't start. Breakdown mob got it home. Have to decide on Monday what to do with it.

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
My confessional to a Jaguar XF forum I frequent...

About two weeks ago, I was coming back from London to Northumberland. Halfway up the M1, got some fuel, black-hose, black handle, check its diesel. Very slow at filling, so slow I thought
the station pump was running low. Put £20 in and decided to fill again at the next station, very slow fill again, but didn't twig(or want to), definitely diesel went in. Drove about 120 miles home, no probs.

Next morning drove to local filling station to top up, engine a bit rough, rev counter moving around about a needles width, never seen that before, went away in cruise-control. Filed up, very slow again.
Took a lot of cranking to start, never done that before, getting worried now. Went to local supermarket, wouldn't start after that, just endless cranking. Got the AA.

This is their report

" How we assisted

LOW FUEL PRESSURE PRIMED FUEL FILTER AND VEHICLE STARTED VEHICLE IS HUNTING FOR FUEL ADVISED IMMEDIATE GARAGE ATTENTION MEMBER REFUSED FOLOW TO GARAGE

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 5TL / Diesel CR/EDC SID 20x Status :p0087 - Fuel pressure system / system pressure. Error Message : Lower signal amplitude too low. Fault pending.

Diagnostic testing may be limited in a breakdown type situation: Please ensure symptoms/suggested faults are confirmed by repairer before any suggested work is started."

Its on the drive now. It will start and run, but rough, and has a smell of paraffin from the exhaust I've never noticed before.
Clincher is the miss-fuel device was triggered, and had to get the device off the battery and reset it.

In court I would be convicted on the evidence, and I have to assume I did put that £20 of petrol in, not diesel.

What to do next? Tell Stratstone everything, and wait for the bill? Keep quiet and see if it goes away?

All help appreciated.

N.