Humor Random Comments Thread

steph

Reaction score
Everything ever made by Boston Dynamics is nightmare fuel. And I bet they do it on purpose to get more publicity. If you build something that looks like a Cylon or a Terminator you are guaranteed to get attention. I'm surprised their machines haven't turned up in any movies yet.

[ame="http://youtu.be/ilelyaSALzU"]Atlas vs Sarah Connor - YouTube[/ame]

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Beer is its own placebo...eventually.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Dear US citizens: Should you hear some strange silence right now from the north, don't worry.

Canada just lost against Germany in Ice Hockey.

In Ice Hockey.

Its all about the beer.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
What Germans lack in skill they make up for with precision.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just... HOW?

255mvh.jpg

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
For the record: I just got my laptop back from the magician and I can barely hear it. The thermal paste was the way to go.

The cold in the computers in the latitudes where I live this summer is vital. A netbook (using Kubuntu 16.04) was at 68 ° C in idle mode. Every time it started, the CPU usage went up to 100%, the fan sounded like a turbine, and it was a thermal disaster. The solution: add --update to /etc/cron.weekly/apt-xapian-index, deactivated Akonadi (in my case I do not use it), and put new thermal paste.

Until I realized that there was no ventilation hole in the case (our dear manufacturers importers). So give me a knife...:idea:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The cold in the computers in the latitudes where I live this summer is vital. A netbook (using Kubuntu 16.04) was at 68 ° C in idle mode. Every time it started, the CPU usage went up to 100%, the fan sounded like a turbine, and it was a thermal disaster. The solution: add --update to /etc/cron.weekly/apt-xapian-index, deactivated Akonadi (in my case I do not use it), and put new thermal paste.

Until I realized that there was no ventilation hole in the case (our dear manufacturers importers). So give me a knife...:idea:

Ahh, the ole Brayton cycle cpu

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Congratulations to (the athletes from) Russia for winning the ice hockey final after nail-biting 69 minutes against Germany. In the end, getting a penalty in overtime was what decided the match.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thats not pulled turkey thats pushed turkey....

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Speaking of birds, today I too learned something of birds. I learned that yes, turkeys can in fact fly. Specifically, they can fly right up to the exact altitude of the windshield on my truck.

Proof:
2dkvbrG.jpg

QEXd8J6.jpg

Wild turkeys have always been able to fly. It's the obese birds raised to satisfy human carnivory that can't.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Like Americans, farm turkeys are fat, dumb, and have no real sense of self preservation. :lol:

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Like Americans, farm turkeys are fat, dumb, and have no real sense of self preservation. :lol:
Geeze, what that turkey did is what so many drivers do to me every day! Their not wanting to be behind a truck seems to outweigh their desire to not die.

In fact, oddly enough, EXACTLY one year ago today I was in a line of cars driving down a 2 lane country road in snowy weather when a woman decided there was enough room between my truck and the guy in front of me. She sped out from a road on the left hand side (this is farm area so its not like she couldn't see me) got right in front of me, lost traction and spun out so she was facing the opposite way she just pulled out from. We were doing 35 due to the weather and there was MAYBE 6 or so seconds between myself and the guy in front, not exactly a lot of space to stop my truck (enough for slowing or stopping traffic, not stopped traffic suddenly appearing in my lane). I hit my brakes and could feel my tuck losing traction (felt like I was almost about to start jack-knifing) and I could look out my windshield and see her eyes just as wide as can be staring right at me. At that moment the only thing I could think was "Oh god, some one is about to die right here right now." SOMEHOW at the absolute last minute she manage to scoot back across to the other lane and I JUST missed hitting her. It was so close I had to look in my mirror to make sure I didn't hit her with the wide part of my cab. Supposedly my dashcam caught the whole thing, but I was never able to get around to seeing it again. I've got the feeling though, whenever SHE tells the story it always starts with "This stupid truck almost hit me..."

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've got the feeling though, whenever SHE tells the story it always starts with "This stupid truck almost hit me..."

If nobody she knows was there, I imagine she doesn't tell the story at all and keeps quiet about it out of embarrassment.

Then again, it's been a year; if she didn't learn anything from that she might no longer be around to tell any stories at all.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Gee, thanks, buddy.