Humor Random Comments Thread

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, never mind two more to go.

In the meantime, I hope Virgil comes out ok!

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Just found this interesting (and mirrored) photo of Al Bean in an A7LB suit with an Apollo 12 patch in it.
2018-05-26T193436Z_1174668639_RC1C0FB1D4F0_RTRMADP_3_PEOPLE-ALAN-BEAN.JPG

That's probably one of his Skylab suits during training for it, but it interesting that he used the 12 patch in it.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So when I print a google map, it also prints me 5 pages of reviews for the place I was looking for... WTF??

steph

Reaction score
What do you do when you find an unexploded shell in Eastern Europe? Call the bomb squad? Naaaah, just take it home on your bike. True story, apparently.There's even a dashcam video of it from a passing car. Reminds me of that joke: Two transylvanians were sawing off a bomb. A third one sees them and goes "Are you mad? What if it explodes?" And they go "Don't worry, we've got another one".

https://transylvanianow.com/darwin-award-nominee-of-the-week-man-carrying-a-50-kg-bomb-on-his-bike/

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ha! No, I haven't, because I didn't see it coming. Nor did I think of it, because I print something like once every blue moon, I'm always glad if the thing works at all! :lol:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Ha! No, I haven't, because I didn't see it coming. Nor did I think of it, because I print something like once every blue moon, I'm always glad if the thing works at all! :lol:

I didn't really get the impression that your WTF was so much technical as social, directed at Big Brother's Google's behavior. Am I right?

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Printers are really bad at reading minds. :lol:

The other day I was printing a technical drawing for a crew(an A1 size floor plan), and I thought I had selected all the correct settings. When I hit [Print] I got a 19x38mm "drawing" from the label printer. :facepalm:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I didn't really get the impression that your WTF was so much technical as social, directed at Big Brother's Google's behavior. Am I right?

Of course, but the solution suggested by Artlav is a very simple one that I did not think of.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Putting together applications for PhD programs is a nightmare but also kinda exhilarating tbh.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The German Government Global 5000, which did a spectacular emergency landing after severe control issues during a test flight is now a complete loss. 3 of 4 wing spars are damaged beyond repair by the almost crash landing, the manufacturer and other experts don't recommend a repair.

Additionally to the wing structure, the landing gear and other parts also suffered heavy damage and would need to be replaced. A technician of Bombardier had installed a torque tube assembly in a wrong way, resulting in the ailerons reacting opposite to control inputs, the aircraft pulled up to 5G during the flight. The insurance of bombardier will thus likely have to pay the damage.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The German Government Global 5000, which did a spectacular emergency landing after severe control issues during a test flight is now a complete loss. 3 of 4 wing spars are damaged beyond repair by the almost crash landing, the manufacturer and other experts don't recommend a repair.

Additionally to the wing structure, the landing gear and other parts also suffered heavy damage and would need to be replaced. A technician of Bombardier had installed a torque tube assembly in a wrong way, resulting in the ailerons reacting opposite to control inputs, the aircraft pulled up to 5G during the flight. The insurance of bombardier will thus likely have to pay the damage.

302 Moved

So a good landing, not a great one :p

They sound quite lucky.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A Bugatti Chiron just exceeded 490 km/h (300 mph) today in the local test area of Ehra-Lessien.

(Its a small kind of a cheat though: Ehra-Lessien has a 8 km long paved straight and the turns are designed for 200 km/h without perceived centrifugal force)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
It's not that vinyl is selling well, it's that digital download has displaced physical media, and nostalgia is the primary thing driving physical media sales. Vinyl has more nostalgia value than CDs, so it gets more of the nostalgia market.