Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What's up my old friends? Hope you guys are all well! I'm installing Orbiter again. This should be fun! :hailprobe:

Still looking for my skills as add-on developer. I know they must be somewhere.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, amazes me, anti-pollution people protest then they get into their nonelectric cars and go home.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, amazes me, anti-pollution people protest then they get into their nonelectric cars and go home.

I am not surprised at all. I know quite many of those from different topics, who think their good agenda justifies the bad means they pick. I can't support them.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Yesterday I've test driven a Volkswagen ID.3 - the instant kick from the electric drivetrain really can be addictive.

Anyone here already having an electric car as daily driver?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Had a BMW i3 for nearly four years and nearly paid off. No problems and the usual behaviour of electric vehicles, lots of torque quickly.
Not that I drive to need it, nice car easy to drive. Haven't told it my new email address, so its stopped whinging about stuff.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
What's up my old friends? Hope you guys are all well! I'm installing Orbiter again. This should be fun! :hailprobe:
Hey Tex!

Reactions: Tex

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
When I opened Google Earth to see the attractions of London, I saw the Big Ben tower looks weird and more like a modern building.
Westminster, London1.png
We all know that the Elizabeth Tower looks like the image below (credits: Wikimedia).
Clock_Tower_-_Palace_of_Westminster%2C_London_-_September_2006-2.jpg

:welcome: back to Orbiter Forum. The forum has been migrated to XenForo when you was inactive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tex

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When I opened Google Earth to see the attractions of London, I saw the Big Ben tower looks weird and more like a modern building.

It's being renovated, so is encased in scaffolding. Not quite obvious in google earth due to the low resolution, but not inaccurate either:
skynews-elizabeth-tower-big-ben_4324159.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Yesterday I've test driven a Volkswagen ID.3 - the instant kick from the electric drivetrain really can be addictive.

Anyone here already having an electric car as daily driver?
Saturday I test drove the new all-electric Fiat 500, with the larger 44-ish kWh battery pack.

It's worth noting that despite similarities in size and appearance, it's built on a completely new architecture compared to the "normal" 500.

Was very positively impressed by the interior especially.

@Urwumpe please ask your colleagues what the reasoning was to fitting capacitive touch buttons on the steering wheel in the ID.3 (and also the Golf 8, if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure on that one). :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
@Urwumpe please ask your colleagues what the reasoning was to fitting capacitive touch buttons on the steering wheel in the ID.3 (and also the Golf 8, if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure on that one). :)

Well, they aren't my colleagues, since I never wanted to be VW employee (after experiencing the VW management style during my internship in school), but the generally accepted theory about this user interface is, that somebody was terribly drunk. Nobody really likes it.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I passed my HGV Class 2 test an hour ago (Euro Licence C). I only started this 10 months ago, Covid stopped the first round of training in November, and the second in January was cancelled the day before due to lockdown. I finally got my training in March and failed the first test, Then a retest today.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I passed my HGV Class 2 test an hour ago (Euro Licence C). I only started this 10 months ago, Covid stopped the first round of training in November, and the second in January was cancelled the day before due to lockdown. I finally got my training in March and failed the first test, Then a retest today.
Hello, fellow C-licensed individual!