Humor Random Comments Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Hey, Italy retired the F-104 in 2002, so everything's possible! :D

Incidentally, a number of those aircraft are now used by a private company setup by an ex-AMI pilot at Cape Canaveral.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
EDIT 2: it's also my understanding that part of the F-35 offer comprises the final assembly of four examples at RUAG facilities, specifically due to requirements linked to the ability to perform maintenance internally, which makes sense
That's pretty standard. Switzerland doesn't buy anything they can't take apart conmpletely and put back together again, quite often with some improvements. Though sometimes they're not exactly improvements... There was that very swiss episode where they re-engineered a mirage engine literally from scratch because they felt some parts just didn't fit together with satisfactory precision, and experienced a significant power drop-off compared to the french built. When they couldn't figure out why, they called in a french expert, and his verdict was "It's much too precise! those parts need more clearance!" ?

Further investigations by this newspaper have revealed that there has been a lively exchange at ministerial level between Switzerland and France in recent days and weeks. The results of the talks between the finance, economics and foreign ministries of the two countries are not publicly known. According to reports, France is trying to win the bid from Switzerland also through political countertrade. Among other things, there is talk of political support in relations with the EU.
That's pretty much what we expect our government to do, actually. It's their job to view things in a wider context and exploit related opportunities. It's one of the reasons why we're still as high up in the game as we are...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Russia says it fired warning shots at British warship.​

Interesting, don't think this has happened since:

Well, of course, it was a bit of a bold move to insist on right of passage by Britain, while Russia is having some navigation issues.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Problem solved then, best pals now.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Problem solved then, best pals now.

Yeah.... both Russia and UK behaved suddenly as if their schools principal caught them fighting and had to pretend that it was just a theater project....

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hey, could we please not do WWIII, please. I have stuff planned this year.

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
How does the SARS-CoV-2 virus react to nuclear fallout?
Hard to say. We'd be killing off its primary food source since December 2019...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Somewhere near Sevastopol, 2021...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, that was interesting. Wonder what the "Sierra-Lima" comment from the destroyer meant?

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
it is unlikely that the plane dropped a bomb, most likely it was scattering anti-submarine buoys (see if there are any submarines)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Quiet? Every tech advertisement channel have been talking about it and how it's no different from WinX.

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
As long as it is Orbiter 2016-compatible...
Yeah, that's my primary concern. Orbiter is the only reason I haven't jumped completely to Debian.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
More misadventures in procedural history generation: On some newly settled planet somewhere (there ain't no geography yet, sorry), a wealthy family gets fed up with the local nationalist regime, engineer a successful coup and install a centralised democracy instead. Apparently they didn't get along with the new government they themselves created, for 10 years later they attempt to overthrow that government too. This time they fail, though.
No matter, they withdraw to hatch schemes for some 20 years, and explode back onto the scene, this time successfully overthrowing the government they once helped create, and installing a totalitairian regime in its place. Which, true to form, they overthrow again 16 years later... :LOL:

It's pretty clear that I need some more rules to determine who should launch coups on who, but on the other hand my generator just came up with what I'll call "the flip-flop illuminati".

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, that was interesting. Wonder what the "Sierra-Lima" comment from the destroyer meant?

The destroyer signals "Sierra Lima Two" means "Request your course, speed, and passing intention." in ICS signalling for Russian ships - they repeat this request later in length.

Also in the beginning, you hear "Zulu Lima UnaOne" or ZL1 from the Russians, which means "I have received and understood your message."

The current flags on the side of the destroyer are also interesting:

Romeo
Tango

Which means "I intend to pass you on your port side."

I can't fully see the flags hoisted before, but the message ended with a 2, I will try to look for better pictures of this.