Project Roskosmos "тайга" Lunar Lander

diogom

Reaction score
I turned on Auto Cooling and Heating, but when I depressurize the cosmonauts still start going up the stairway to Heaven. I'm running the 2nd scenario, and the temperature before I turn on the Auto Cooling and Heating is ~25º.

Last edited:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
One thing I just found: when I (deliberately, to see that nice crater effect) crashed in the Moon, I got a CTD.

Same here.

I accidentally let my cabin Temperature get too high, and my crew's general condition went down to 50/100. after lowering the temperature to normal levels, the general condition stayed there. will the conditions ever go back up to 100/100?

Oh, is there a set time for how long LiOH canister replacement takes, and what is it?
Also, i think LiOH canister efficiency should be another thing on the HUD, maybe starting from 100% downwards?

I also tried landing with the O2010 version of LOLA, but it only reads the hover engine, which isn't powerful enough for a landing.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I also tried landing with the O2010 version of LOLA, but it only reads the hover engine, which isn't powerful enough for a landing.

There will be a built-in autopilot in future versions.

I accidentally let my cabin Temperature get too high, and my crew's general condition went down to 50/100. after lowering the temperature to normal levels, the general condition stayed there. will the conditions ever go back up to 100/100?

The crew will slowly get better if the environnement is safe. Though that regeneration doesn't work for some reason in this Beta. Another bug ! :p

Also, i think LiOH canister efficiency should be another thing on the HUD, maybe starting from 100% downwards?

No, because it's purely a chemical device. There is no way to tell how efficient it is, except by mesuring the quantity of CO2 in the air, and knowing how much time is usually required between replacements.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
v0.802

Ok, here's a fix for the CTD problem when crashing.

The crater will still behave a little weirdly after the crash, but at least you won't have a CTD. :p

Basically, that's an infamous touchdownpoints & lightspeed bug problem...

In the future, I will consider destroying the lander-vessel and creating a crater-vessel instead.

Another problem is that the API isn't very reliable when you do anything related to surface contact....

Last edited:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Uhhhhh.......:uhh: i think this is bad:
11.05.15 15-31-39 LM2.jpg

i left the heater off when i crossed into the dark side of the moon, and the temperature went down to below absolute freezing (!). I couldn't turn the heaters on on the dark side.

Also, all of the electrical readouts are in the negatives.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
-1016.3 K, interesting :hmm: :lol:

Concerning the electrical readouts, did you left the automatic cooling on ? I suspect it to have tried to heat the spacecraft by working in the reverse way (hence the negative watts)...

Edit : I can't reproduce that one, did you use the x1000 time acceleration ?

Last edited:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Yes, I used 1000x time acceleration to get out of the dark side to try to reheat the temperature. My cooling system was also left on throughout the whole thing.

Here's how i did it:
  • Load LM_Demo3
  • switch to the LM in orbit
  • replace the scrubbers and turn the fan on.
  • turn on the auto-cooling & auto-healing modes
  • Deploy the antenna
  • Open MapMFD to track where you are geographically
  • Time accelerate to 1000x and coast around the dark side.

2 or 3 orbits should do it.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can't reproduce the problem to that extent, but I'm getting low temperatures too when using x1000 time acceleration. The code lacks of precision at this point (too framerate-dependant I think), so I should find another way to write it.

Do you have the same issues at x100 ?

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Yes, but not as severe.

Also, while the temperature is going down, rapidly press 0(Zero, which is the Heater), and the electrical will go negative.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK, I managed to reproduce the bug in all its severity by frenetically tapping the 0 key at 1000x time accel.

Thanks, I've a good idea of what's going wrong now, though it will take time to fix it :tiphat:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Okay, something new.

Pressing 'J' multiple times shows multiple jettisoned descent stages.

Attachments

• 11.05.15 21-15-28 LM2.jpg
    11.05.15 21-15-28 LM2.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 60

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
lol, I just spawned 50 of them ! :lol:

Looks like I forgot to write a "done" tag somewhere ! Will fix, minor issue. :p

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Once the legs fold, will this fit in a Proton?

Yes, maybe not with the smallest fairing, but the Proton-M is used to carry quite large payloads, anyway. ;)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
v0.803

- "Infinite descent stage spawning" bug fixed.
- Exhaust of the RCS "forward" engines (near the main) position fixed.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Exiting a scenario where the lander has broken legs (crashed) and reloading will fix the legs.

I didn't see how to change display mode in the documentation. I want to know if my cosmonauts are healthy but I'm stuck on the fuel display. :idk:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Change HUDs with H. OrbitHUD shows electrical systems. SurfaceHUD shows fuel levels, speed and velocity. DockingHUD shows crew conditions.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
v0.804

- Now "remembers" the state of your vessel (fine, crashed, crater).
- HUD custom display now independant from HUD mode, like in Thornton's SoyuzTMA. Press "U" to switch between "submodes". Much more practical !
- Scenario LMDemo3 updated, parameters should be more user-friendly at load.

That's really cool, I'd never had catched all those bugs myself (I tend to inconsciously use the lander in a way that prevents bugs :lol:). Thanks ! :cheers:

Still plenty of 'em, I'm sure !

Last edited: