Project Spacedock: Nemesis

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Did you draw these. If so that is very very impressive. you gotta show me how you draw like that. anyways keep up the good work.

I can if there are an interest, give some pointers on how to draw mechanical constructions, maybe even a small How-to guide. But for the most parts is it just practice, practice and some more practice.
The other "most part" of it is actually giving credit to the original artists, instead of just cropping and erasing copyright marks and other annotations.

Look familiar?
bees1.jpg

Dambuster

Reaction score
Just to say, he never said that he drew them himself - he only said he could give pointers on mechanical drawing.

Space-viking

Reaction score
The other "most part" of it is actually giving credit to the original artists, instead of just cropping and erasing copyright marks and other annotations.

No Hielor, I did not draw this my self, but I find it disturbing that you so blatantly accuse me off, deliberate removing copyright and credit info. I see my self as an honourable person, and would never steal or take credit for another persons work. I got these pictures as they are uploaded here, and apologise that I did not make it more clear, that I my self did not draw these. I see no reason why any one would deny the original artist, his do credit. So full credit goes to John Eaves for some very good concept art sketches. Now that I'm aware that these are his work.

I make a living of producing accurate concept sketches and production blueprints. So with that as a background, I feel very comfortable giving advice and guidance, to any one wishing to learn how to draw mechanical drawings.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No Hielor, I did not draw this my self, but I find it disturbing that you so blatantly accuse me off, deliberate removing copyright and credit info. I see my self as an honourable person, and would never steal or take credit for another persons work. I got these pictures as they are uploaded here, and apologise that I did not make it more clear, that I my self did not draw these. I see no reason why any one would deny the original artist, his do credit. So full credit goes to John Eaves for some very good concept art sketches. Now that I'm aware that these are his work.
John Eaves isn't the original artist, that's just where I found the image with the original copyright intact (http://johneaves.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/the-spacedock-from-st-nemesis/ ). And while you didn't claim to have drawn them yourself, when asked if you drew them you offered to provide pointers on drawing things like that (when you could've said "No, I didn't draw these, but I do have some experience with this sort of thing..."), which certainly seems to be taking credit.

Space-viking

Reaction score
John Eaves isn't the original artist, that's just where I found the image with the original copyright intact (http://johneaves.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/the-spacedock-from-st-nemesis/ ). And while you didn't claim to have drawn them yourself, when asked if you drew them you offered to provide pointers on drawing things like that (when you could've said "No, I didn't draw these, but I do have some experience with this sort of thing..."), which certainly seems to be taking credit.

I do not dispute your claim that I could have made it more clear that I'm not the original artist of these drawings. And yes, I see how, given your reasoning, that it may have seamed that I was the original artist. That was not my intent, and for that, I once again apologize and hope that that is enough. As I can do nothing more.

Space-viking

Reaction score
After a long break from this project I have now restarted the process. Next on the modelling tree is to make the VC. The question from my earlier post still stands. What functionality are people interested in having in the VC? Here is some of the ones I'm allready planing of making room for. Rader station, RCS station, cargo managment station, ILS/VFR systems station. More ideas are welcome.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
now that you mention UCGO. I have plans to make it UCGO and UMMU 2.0 compatible.
I have now started the long and hard work of creating textures for this monster.

But this monster dock need some kind of working platform, for moving smaller objects and modules.
So I here present to you all, the Bees Mk I and Mk II.
Top most is the Mk I
picture.php

And again like last time any feedback is all ways welcome :)
I beg you to go all out with the Poly's on these beasts! :thumbup:

Darren

Edit: To answer your question about the VC, it should have a way to view what is currently inside.

Edit2: Is this really in ST: Nemesis? I rented it from Video Ezy this week but that doesn't look familiar.

Last edited:

Space-viking

Reaction score
The space dock I'm working on is a early concept of the one in the movie. The bee's are also in the movie, but you only see them in very short glimpses.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
My 2 cents.

The cockpit\command area should be placed so as to give the user a full view down the length of the dock. If you place it in the middle, you should still be able to get a clear enough view for normal opperations. Since you're going with a VC, I would like to have a row of active displays for normal dock opperations.