OHM Surface Speed MFD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
sspeedmfd.JPG

Author: topper0710

A verry simple, but usefull MFD, if you want to land on a body without surface and without a landing pad, so you can't use orbiters landing MFD.
Surface speed MFD shows you the surface speed and direction by the same way the instrument inside the LEM does. Press "A" for auto mode, or use +/- for "manual speed zoom".

DOWNLOAD

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
That'll be handy for my upcoming visit to the Apollo 15 landing site :)

xmech2k

Reaction score
Just what I've been waiting for! Just one problem, I get an error, 'This application has failed to start because MSVPC70.dll was not found' when I try to add the MFD in the MODULES tab of Orbiter. Is it a missing part of the MFD, another add-on, something else?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
You are missing "MSVPC70.dll". Just drop it into the orbiter directory and it will work.

Tommy

Reaction score
You should be able to put it in the system32 folder as well, then it will work with anything that requires it.

The file in question can be found with a google search - pick a Microsoft site if possible (or other reputable site) for security reasons.

xmech2k

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! Works now. One thing I goofed, is I searched for MSVPC70.dll, but it's really MSVRC70.dll. Duh! Still, I wouldn't have been sure where it goes. I tried in System 32 folder first, but it still didn't work, even after restarting, in hopes it gets loaded in boot-up. Works fine in Orbiter folder.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
This looks useful, but what does it do? I had it open and ran an AMSO PDI, and LOLA with a standard DG, but i still don't understand.

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
It's for manual landing W/O a pad, such as landing on the moon but not at a base. it tells you your X and Z velocity... and tells you how witch way to translate to null them.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Very useful for outer planets / moons and exploring. :)

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Oh my god, after years I ask me, how is it possible to land on a planet without a surface...?:rofl:

"A verry simple, but usefull MFD, if you want to land on a body without surface and without a landing pad, so you can't use orbiters landing MFD."

This is one of my best of...

I'm considering to update this add on for the current version of Orbiter and then I will correct the description...

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
OMG I wanted exactly this!!! TY

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi again,

can someone please test this and let me know if it's working?
Please backup the original DLL if you have used the previous version of Surface Speed MFD.

Last edited: