Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Interesting, thanks. If I put one in an upper stage, will it also be used during lower stages? Is there a way to disable SAS modules until a certain point?

I believe F enables and disables SAS.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I believe F enables and disables SAS.
T by default
SAS is off by default.
Ah, so just not use it until I get to the upper stages? Okay, thanks.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Oh, one more comment on the Silisko Edition stuff-- it seems that when I use the decoupler with the shroud, the shroud doesn't come off with the decoupler and sticks around on the next stage. Is that expected?

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, it's intended. I just liked the look of it =p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, it's intended. I just liked the look of it =p
Interesting--I think it looks kind of strange, and I think the shroud gets damaged when the second stage ignites (for some engines, anyway)--is it possible for me to change that behavior in the config files, or make another part that does separate?

Thanks for all the help, btw. Great job with all this :thumbup:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Landing was succesful, but it turns out that using time acceleration while landed on the Mun is a bad idea...don't think the crew is coming back from this one. :lol:

Attachments

• whoops.jpg
    whoops.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 64

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Landing was succesful, but it turns out that using time acceleration while landed on the Mun is a bad idea...don't think the crew is coming back from this one. :lol:

That's okay, Jeb has enough of the ol' diethylamide to last longer than the food water or air.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Went back to the Mun, successfully landed, took off, returned to Kerbin, and made a near-pinpoint touchdown within only a few km of the launchpad.

Then discovered that the large pod from Silisko Edition is too heavy to be slowed effectively by only one parachute, and then lost all crew in the crash.

This is probably why the parachute recovery systems for a rocket design are tested prior to the launch of the rocket.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Went back to the Mun, successfully landed, took off, returned to Kerbin, and made a near-pinpoint touchdown within only a few km of the launchpad.

Then discovered that the large pod from Silisko Edition is too heavy to be slowed effectively by only one parachute, and then lost all crew in the crash.

This is probably why the parachute recovery systems for a rocket design are tested prior to the launch of the rocket.

Best to test all capsules in varying landing conditions...make sure you don't repeat the same mistake twice

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score

Heh. Best parachute test rig I've found is just a single solid booster, 4 winglets, decoupler, pod, and chute.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Heh. Best parachute test rig I've found is just a single solid booster, 4 winglets, decoupler, pod, and chute.
Using a single liquid fuel tank with the medium engine seemed to work well enough when I went back to test--just need to get high enough so that the vertical speed goes above 100 or so on the way down, and using liquid instead of solid makes it a shorter trip :)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
i thought I'd post a few of my recent Apollo and Gemini missions in KSP

yLFs9h.png

'You sure you know what you're doing?'

LDAcHh.png

'Catch ya on the flipside'

xSgyVh.jpg

'Magnificent Desolation'

ThIGYh.png

'Standby for PDI'

Gk12yh.png

'S-II away'

UMu8Sh.png

'I TOLD YOU, turn LEFT at the terminator!!'

Last edited:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to announce here, we've released the first experimental release of the 0.14 update now.

You'll need a pre-order to get it this time, as the 0.14 update is the first non-demo release. :)

The server is struggling pretty bad at the moment though, give it some time if it doesn't work.

Cheers

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Orbiter and KSP are two completely different experiences. There's little point in comparing them directly by price. It's certainly not valid to say that KSP should be free since Orbiter is. That would be like saying that FSX or X-Plane should be free, since Orbiter is.

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am going to hang out here instead of the KSP forum for a while. It's currently a den of insanity.

sh0v0r

Reaction score
Website
www.shovsoft.com
Hi,

Just wanted to announce here, we've released the first experimental release of the 0.14 update now.

You'll need a pre-order to get it this time, as the 0.14 update is the first non-demo release. :)

The server is struggling pretty bad at the moment though, give it some time if it doesn't work.

Cheers

Hi Harvester, I've made a preorder where do I find the 0.14 download link? I can only see the 0.13.2 version for download.