Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Pablo49

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with setting a maneuver node on your current orbit when you have an encounter? I got myself into an encounter with Eve, and I wanted to adjust it, but I can place a node on my orbit after the encounter. Is only slightly infuriating.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
After 20 flights Bob became my first casualty (since .22), Jeb has come close soo many times. Bob died when his shoot got ripped away. Jeb survived the same failure situation by rolling down a mountainside...

Pablo49

Reaction score
Finally completed my mission to land a Kerbal on Gilly. Bob very much enjoys it.
991F05C8E8CF8A475BD7800F27EC5812B97C9350

Also the stack looked awesome during aerobraking.
DF184B59249F1F5857F25028EC7D9B02A491E743

I am low on fuel, but a return to Kerbin should be possible. I originally intended to save Jeb who is stuck in an Eve orbit without fuel, but that will not be possible on this trip. But really, totally worth it, sorry Jeb.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Jeb, Bill and Bob writing another chapter of Kerbal History on MinMus. Bob is behind the camera on the last pic, and provides optimal lighting, as always. Poor Bob.

9G2DhKE.jpg

UhOHb8P.jpg

qiRS4nR.png

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Well, I fixed my problem, but in a way we usually call "gambiarra" in Brazil.

Power consumption only stopped after Mk1 shutdown, in an Apollo 13 way.
picture.php

At least, I finally went to the Mun:
picture.php

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Symphony-5k reusable SSTO booster (5000 kg payload capacity):

jcyg.png

Reusable Crew Vehicle
RCV-01 "First Sound"

5 Kerbals into LKO

9y30.png

wa9c.png

uny4.png

Last edited:

Pablo49

Reaction score
I did a simple mission to Jool. I put the probe into an elliptic orbit to get both high and near space science. Later I detached a probe and sent it into the planet for atmospheric science. Turns out I didn't have enough power regeneration and had trouble getting all the science sent out, so I sent in the orbiter as well.

Also, some amusing data is obtained near Jool. 2001 anyone?

Highlights:
EEA19BB2DF1B5A40FBBCBE65A227CDF547DA9C4A

E3E2EBE57C40B2AB6F5AB19C5241C2010B9DC1B4

0E5A733D87514B8ED54B6945ED6CD9E5CFA61075

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
One of my most successful aircraft concept ever :

oyFPEsm.jpg

Good manoeuvrability, stability and a stall speed between 40-60 m/s (depends of the fuel load). I also made a single-engine version that is a bit slower but has a better endurance.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Oh, you're just like me. Scared to die and added a chute and decoupler to the cockpit :p.

screenshot174.jpg

This is my best aircraft (or, at least the one I had the most fun with).

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I like the mini-crane with the rover :)

BTW decoupler + radial chute = standard Kerbal "ejection" system. :bailout:

Building Munbase Alpha. Foreground : Crew Quarters / Command Center. Background : Science Laboratory / Observatory.

8ucLzZf.jpg

And here's what happens when you don't have the Mainsail and the Skipper is too weak for your needs :

9fIhwFH.png

The advantage is that those engines have a good ISP, amongst the bests of the game (for chemical engines).

And no, I wasn't even thinking to the R-7. :lol: But it is interesting to see that the concept is very efficient.

Last edited:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Fixed the images in the OP, it's been a while now and the images were hosted on the KSP site, so they got lost somewhere along the site overhauls.

I replaced them with some of my favorite screenshots, hopefully no one will read it from the start and think that's what the game looked like 6 months into development. ;)

Cheers

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hopefully no one will read it from the start and think that's what the game looked like 6 months into development.

I'd say that the last update is a great success because it gives us something that was somewhat lacking : a goal. Even simply accumulating Science Points involves to elaborate strategies and specific spacecraft designs. From there we face a challenge. And overcoming such challenges is, IMHO, the first way you enjoy videogames.

Great job and congratulations, keep it on ! :thumbup: :cheers:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Played KSP for a while on a friend's computer. Very fun, especially now with the Science goals. I'm a terrible player, though. :p

ksp_1.png

Germini 5 returns from an orbital flight.

ksp_2.png

Germini 8 on an orbital test-flight. The next flight should be a Munar landing (already did a flyby; my very first.) :)

It's extraordinarily difficult to control a stack large enough to do a Munar encounter. I'm not sure I'll be able to do this next mission without SAS module.

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
trying to go for major science points with this bad boy
GzcYXQe.png

finally got to Eve. managed to collect 600 points. maybe now I can reduce the weight a bit and go nuclear

F3HQMem.png

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mun landing failed. The lander tipped over on its side, thanks to the stupidly overpowered attitude control. Is there a way to scale that to the stack size so a short tap of the W key doesn't send you spinning out of control?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mun landing failed. The lander tipped over on its side, thanks to the stupidly overpowered attitude control. Is there a way to scale that to the stack size so a short tap of the W key doesn't send you spinning out of control?

The best you can do is turn on SAS. Then, when you tap the W key, the SAS will be temporarily turned off and back on again. Right after you've made the movement, it'll try to kill rotation again.

Imagine trying to rotate a ship in orbiter with kill rot turned on...

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
picture.php

mk1 Mun lander/surveyor (mapping using Kethane) in mun orbit.

picture.php

Jeb on his way with in a mk2 Mun lander (it has ladders)

picture.php

Mun meet up.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is there a way to scale that to the stack size so a short tap of the W key doesn't send you spinning out of control?

There is a "precision mode" (10%) you can toggle with CAPS LOCK.