8braYjn.png

Ydp4d4v.png

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yep, but that tool seem very messy to me... My word, if they can read it, would be "Very nice work until now guys, don't give up too much on realism, that what's makes the gameplay rich, the educational value high, and the player efforts rewarding ;)"

Edit : Tragedy at KSC, Mundred Kerman was killed during a rover test in the R&D complex !

VNTxpuv.jpg

"I was just getting that fuel truck out of the hangar, I never saw him coming" said the shocked truck driver. "He came from the corner of the street on two wheels, at maybe 20-25 meters by second, so his rover ran in my rock-solid truck. The violence of the collision ejected him from his seat and boom, he splashed into a cloudlet of dust right on my cabin left window. It was so horrible !".

KSC official will held a meeting to decide if yes or no Kerbonauts should be allowed to test hardware at full speed all around and inside the complex, but the conclusion makes no doubt : what's the point of an R&D center if you don't experiment stuff there ?

Last edited:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Just wanted to inform all of you that KSP is on sale on steam this weekend. It's listed as 14,99€ here, don't know how it converts to Dollars or Sterling.

Maybe there are still one or two who don't have it but plan on doing so.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Just wanted to inform all of you that KSP is on sale on steam this weekend. It's listed as 14,99€ here, don't know how it converts to Dollars or Sterling.

Maybe there are still one or two who don't have it but plan on doing so.

The game is currently 16.19USD (which is better than the actual conversion to ~$20)

MattBaker

Reaction score
The game is currently 16.19USD (which is better than the actual conversion to ~$20)

Well, we also pay the same amount in Euro that the US pays for the xBox One and Playstation 4 in Dollar. Which is over a hundred Dollar difference...

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Well, we also pay the same amount in Euro that the US pays for the xBox One and Playstation 4 in Dollar. Which is over a hundred Dollar difference...

I noticed much the same with restaurant food in the Eurozone: McDonalds' dollar menu becomes the Euro menu, water is pricey (as opposed to usually free at US restaurants), all other drinks (alcoholic or not) are exorbitant.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Kerbal Shuttle, can carry 7 kerbs to orbit : :)

FFKwmwR.png

With 3x KSME (Kerbal Shuttle Main Engines, aka LVT-45)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yep, that point is currently in the hand of the R&D departement. Kerbal engineers found that 4 SRBs or 4 LRBs give similar results : little fuel remaining once in orbit. I'll try 2-segments SRBs this evening (small SRBs attached under big SRBs and ignited first). ;)

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Here's an older article about how KSP is quite popular with many NASA JPL staff.

It turns out that quite a few of the folks at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory are video gamers and they're obsessed with one game in particular.

“The only thing that would make this week complete, and you may or may not know about this game, is if the developers of a game called Kerbal Space Program showed up. Half of JPL is playing that game right now,” said Douglas Ellison, a visualization producer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/arti...sessed-with-a-certain-game-and-i-bet-you-can-

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If anyone thinks KSP 0.22 is too easy, try installing RemoteTech. It gives a bit of insight on how much is involved in communication to/from space craft. Even a simple unmanned probe mission will require quite a bit of support and planning ahead becomes very important.

Combined with the Kethane mod career mode is a lot of fun, and once the finance is introduced it will be very tricky.

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
They removed signal delay on RemoteTech 2 (Lite) while they get the kinks out of the rewrite... With RemoteTech v1 signal delay was a blast / pain in the :censored: ... but that was the point! :)

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
True, but once delay is back and RT2 supports kOS........ I'm gonna have to quit my job :lol:

wingnut

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is there some kind of manual for RemoteTech?

I've just installed it, launched a probe with a antenna from the mod on it and I have no clue what the buttons at the bottom right of the (map) screen do, what the clock at the top left of the screen does and what most of the buttons on the "calculator symbol" popup are supposed to do...

Edit: okay, I had some more time to play around with this and I think I figured out how the flight computer is supposed to work. Apparently invoking action groups is not supported (yet) and the what I first thought to be another form of mission-elapsed-time-clock is the signal's delay. Still not sure about all of the lower right-hand buttons although I found four bullet points of description of it in the release thread.

I'll try an unmanned Mun flyby or Mun orbital mission with no direct input after the lift-off stage separation.

Last edited:

Unstung

Reaction score
I've got this game on sale a few days ago from Steam, and the amount of content that has been added since I last played KSP is impressive. It's easy to lose track of time while playing.

My campaign mode progress:
  • First visit to Mun
    MIDYzCt.jpg

3iSxEXX.jpg

VE5Qz0b.jpg
  • Kerbin Rise
    Sth6U6P.jpg
  • Returning
    gl2tS70.jpg

zDuFKvm.jpg
  • Very brief Mun stay (left before it tipped over)
    EZFlYsl.jpg
  • To Minmus and back
    Jle3llr.jpg

JzQn17P.jpg

cWvHOMA.jpg

8fux062.jpg

BAqXot3.jpg
  • Second visit
    E1bkEOP.jpg
    (ascended the mountain on the left to plant the flag)
    Du4skzN.jpg

gexpoiU.jpg

Clickable thumbnails to take up less space:

Now it's time for some interplanetary missions (and a longer Mun stay).

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Deadly Reentry is also a must!

I tried it, and didn't liked it too much... You can't perform a suborbital hop like Mercury/Redstone without blowing up, which shows that something is a bit wrong in the calculations... Also the capsules currently don't produce lift, so you have to deal with ballistic reentries...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
  • Very brief Mun stay (left before it tipped over)
    EZFlYsl.jpg
Capsule's SAS would hold it, I'm sure, unless the sun was going down. :p

Anyway, I haven't played the career for about 2 weeks now, but I have some pictures from my 3rd mission and 2nd Mun landing near one of arches, with samples taken from 2 biomes, which I'll post after I do the 5th mission (using a jet).

And I think I found a bug between these 2 biomes, reporting the place as poles (I discarded the sample and report, because my next 2 missions will be to find UFOs, so I'll get the samples anyway).

If you think I missed the 4th mission, then it's just a probe in the solar orbit, with much fuel left in the departure stage, so I can send it in around 40-45 days either to orbit of Jool or Duna.

Unstung

Reaction score
Capsule's SAS would hold it, I'm sure, unless the sun was going down. :p
I use SAS, but experienced a glitch that when Jeb would go on EVA, the rocket would tip over slightly more each time he moved. So I planted the flag nearby, collected a sample, and returned. The lander actually started upright with the third leg hovering in the air.