Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
So, I'm finding that the asteroid redirect stuff feels like an obligation, but is only distracting from more ambitious goals. I guess art imitates life.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Annoying: Landed ships and flag sites show up with the velocity of the planet center, rather than the surface at their position, when using the navball target mode.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

Pretty cool, couldn't be bothered doing something like that myself thou.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
At the moment, I'm trying to build a similar carrier spaceplane, which can carry large payload (orange tank size) to LKO. But it's not that easy. ^^

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Nice! I'd advise to put rover wheels on the "prongs" in addition to the retractable gears: this way you can retract the gears and use the rover wheels and their electric motors for sustainable low-to-medium speed movements while using the gears only in conjunction with rockets for the faster stretches.

In other news: B9 Aerospace pack is undergoing a test release, finally!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I made a short film of a project I had varied success with. I though it my be interesting to share:

The Evolution of the Strider

Youtube decided that an ad for a personal injury attorney for car/motorcycle accidents would be relevant while I was watching this video.

I find this funnier than I probably should.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Can you find the KSP reference in today's XKCD?

You mean this?

Lm81o9z.png

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Hey, I'm organizing a small LAN-Party like Kerbal Space Night here in switzerland. Are there any local orbitnauts, who would like to join us in a experience exchange, some challanges and cake?
Location is at my place near Lucerne. :)

RonDVouz

Reaction score
The thing I like about Orbiter over KSP is that it's free and lack the green dudes.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Hey, I'm organizing a small LAN-Party like Kerbal Space Night here in switzerland. Are there any local orbitnauts, who would like to join us in a experience exchange, some challanges and cake?

I live sort-of near-ish! When would that be?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Well, I would live nearby if I wouldn't actually live in another country... Pitty, would have been fun.

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Speaking of B9 updates and related issues...

I've tested out FAR and NEAR for better aerodynamics, as I wrote on the KSP Forum, it would have been nice to have per-vessel toggles of the mod's aerodynamic code, but alas it seems the author is of the (albeit coherent) opinion that physics sucks in KSP and that the stock drag model absolutely should not in any way survive once better code is available.

I've uninstalled it for now, as I have lots of designs operating in a very long savegame (Interstellar + Kolonization), but when 0.25 rolls out, I'll install the better aerodynamics first thing before any other update.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
While I usually don't try to replicate rockets from Earth, because that's what Orbiter is for, I recently installed Tantares and decided to make for it Earth-like launcher using Procedural Parts and Procedural Fairings (instead of pre-made parts, which are probably available somewhere, too).

The launcher is a little overpowered (it could take the spacecraft to the Mun or Minmus), but otherwise it wouldn't look like the real thing (with 1.25 m and not 1.875 diameter). Here's the result: