Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
@boogabooga: As there are difficulty settings, why not increase the "funds reward" handicap?
(Haven't played in a long time but I don't think I'm making this up)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are there any plans to add more in game music? The original music they added several versions ago was nice, but it gets really repetitive, and some music for launches would be really nice.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
@boogabooga: As there are difficulty settings, why not increase the "funds reward" handicap?
(Haven't played in a long time but I don't think I'm making this up)

Sandbox essentially sets the funds to infinity. :thumbup:

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You'd need soundtracks for prelaunch, first stage, percussive cues for stage seps, suborbital, orbital insertion, maneuvering, etc. for it to be really that immersive.

It might be possible to use procedural music (yes, there is such a thing) and borrowing from MechJeb code (stage delta-v, nodes, etc.)...

In the mean time, may I suggest Apollo 13, When We Left Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, and other fine pieces out there? :)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You'd need soundtracks for prelaunch, first stage, percussive cues for stage seps, suborbital, orbital insertion, maneuvering, etc. for it to be really that immersive.

It might be possible to use procedural music (yes, there is such a thing) and borrowing from MechJeb code (stage delta-v, nodes, etc.)...

In the mean time, may I suggest Apollo 13, When We Left Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, and other fine pieces out there? :)

Or, just as appropriate for KSP:

(Which is also royalty free.)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yakkety Sax might also be appropriate.

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've been tinkering a lot with KSP lately ... I think the -one- feature I miss the most in KSP vs Orbiter as far as "gameplay" goes is the single physics bubble around the active vessel and the rail-system on KSP...

In Orbiter you can do a Falcon-9 style RTLS with autopilots while the main payload and second stage move on. In KSP, you either use the Stage Recovery mod or make sure your stage makes it out of the atmosphere long enough to give you time to switch back to it once your payload is in orbit.

I see an option if multiplayer comes along: if there is a KSP server-only mode, without graphics, one could hack together instances of other vessels in multiple separate games, linked by multiplayer, on the local host.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think you can do this kind of end-over-end movement with robotic arms in Orbiter without manually editing the scenario file:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You mean that it is possible for a child attachment to become a parent attachment and vice versa within the simulation?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
With certain key presses, Yes.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I cant tell off the top of my head, but the procedure is in the manual.

MK3424

Reaction score
You mean that it is possible for a child attachment to become a parent attachment and vice versa within the simulation?

Yes, it is possible: if you use a magnet, the payload would not be docked to your vessel, and you can manipulate it.

I once did space station construction with an arm that i put together with a small space shuttle addon:
536bb02dba64c0.42348632.png

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible: if you use a magnet, the payload would not be docked to your vessel, and you can manipulate it.

I once did space station construction with an arm that i put together with a small space shuttle addon:
536bb02dba64c0.42348632.png
I already know that it is possible in KSP. My question was asking about whether the same thing was also possible in Orbiter, and how exactly did it work, in response to this post:
Not sure, but I thing CanadaArm2 coded by Siamesecat can inchworm across ISS just like that arm in the video.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I already know that it is possible in KSP. My question was asking about whether the same thing was also possible in Orbiter, in response to this post:

Of course it is possible with a DLL. You just need to have two attachment points (parent->child and child->parent) at each end effector. The rest, is just logic: What attachment do you use for which action?

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
"A spaceplane on an atmosphere-less body? Why?", said the KSC administrative staff.

"Why not?", said Jebediah Kerman.

After having refuelled once in LKO, leaving the LiquidFuel tanks empty, a one-way trip to LMO was possible, where a second refueling took place:
KstApcG.jpg

8LDMiRD.jpg

Descent on Minmus:
U5bOhaz.jpg

More-or-less graceful landing:
PsTltmR.jpg

odHDvQ2.jpg

9CdB4Gy.jpg

Reaching the outpost after a 7km long taxi:
9XNrIaI.jpg

Take-off preparations (thankfully the reaction wheels are strong enough to pitch the aircraft up in this low gravity):
Ws4Eek9.jpg

*hopp*
3i2B5Kg.jpg

Kerbin aerobrake:
bGm7raJ.jpg

KSC approach:
t5zmSWy.jpg