Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
NEWS
------

Even the best addon in world would be completely useless if users or authors don't know how to use it, so I'm working on a better UMMU SDK doc with complete walktrought. It's made so you can copy/past codes examples from this doc to your code.

UMMu20docExample1.jpg

UMMu20docExample2.jpg

UMMu20docExample3.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Eh, it seems like a good idea, but I'm used to having nothing on the desktop. At all.

desktop.jpg

(Kinda hoping that'll be auto-resized...)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm working on a better UMMU SDK doc with complete walktrought.

besides all the awsomeness the add-on packs already, this deserves special commendation!

looking forward to the release! :thumbup:

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
NEWS
------

Even the best addon in world would be completely useless if users or authors don't know how to use it, so I'm working on a better UMMU SDK doc with complete walktrought. It's made so you can copy/past codes examples from this doc to your code.
Cheers

Dan

Excellent! This will definitely help! You are awesome Dan! :cheers:

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
Dan you're right the post that you have in your webpage in french is what let me started to make the gruya01 animations (Really easy but difficult to know how it works, you explain it perfectly).

The more clear you get on the tutorials to add your UMMU... the more easy we could develope fast and well our addons :)

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
The outside really sucks xD hehe, but im improving a lot my programming skills with it. For example I can now manage the animations with key entries, the thrusters well positioned. Now i'm looking to prepare the drag and atmospheric flight model because its like a cube moving inside the atmosphere...

I promise that if I finish this one with all that I want, I will change it's exterior (Or make another one), and I'll add a virtual cockpit... but my main interest its to learn how to make the .dll to improve my skills.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
NEWS:
-------

(Typos will be corrected of course)

A good visualisation of things is essential for good understanding & coding, if after those pages the areas are still not clear I'll have no other solutions but to hang myself :)

UMMu20docExample4.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just lovely to see. :)

I perceive it as extremely hard to write documentation, especially in my native language, so you have my fullest respect for this.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
December still seams so far away.

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Wow Dan!... What a beautiful manual that no one will ever read ;)

Just spectacular!

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, keep the manuals coming. They are half the fun.

N.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Same here. Documentation = win! MOAR!

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, strictly speaking, good documentation == win. But I think we all know where Dan's work sits in that regard. :)

SammyF

Reaction score
/nod

The PDF manuals for the orbiter base are good enough to get any patient pilot with conversational English reading comprehension off the ground, into orbit, and docked with a space station if you don't mind alt-tabbing back and forth your first time thru. Dan's the genius who dedicates an entire window in his 2D instrument panel to explaining checklists, instrumentation and the flight computer programs.

If someone had thought to include a panel like that with the Dragonfly to explain the electrical and environmental systems, I feel like more people would try including these systems on their addon ships -- the immersive realism would seem less forbidding and more welcome.

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
/nod

The PDF manuals for the orbiter base are good enough to get any patient pilot with conversational English reading comprehension off the ground, into orbit, and docked with a space station if you don't mind alt-tabbing back and forth your first time thru. Dan's the genius who dedicates an entire window in his 2D instrument panel to explaining checklists, instrumentation and the flight computer programs.

If someone had thought to include a panel like that with the Dragonfly to explain the electrical and environmental systems, I feel like more people would try including these systems on their addon ships -- the immersive realism would seem less forbidding and more welcome.

Right on...As I often said, Dan's in-game menus are just the best! I love the UMMu menu. If you think his in-game menu is top notch, his manuals are better!

BTW...on my previous post, my tongue was firmly in-cheek. :thumbup: