Humor Ways to kill a UMMU

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
use that: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4428"]UCGO demolition charge[/ame]

a question to ICBM or whoever posted that piczure first:
can that kill an UMMU? In Orbiter is one problem: you kan fly THROUGH other spaceships. Is there an Add-On to have cllisions?

Solar424

Reaction score
Go into a parabolic orbit, make everyone but the captain EVA, return to earth.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
'Extreme EVAs' - launch into a 130KM sub-orbit, and see how long you dare stay outside before the atmosphere gets the better of you. Can you close the doors before they burn off?

ICBM

Reaction score
use that: UCGO demolition charge

a question to ICBM or whoever posted that piczure first:
can that kill an UMMU? In Orbiter is one problem: you kan fly THROUGH other spaceships. Is there an Add-On to have cllisions?

If the UMMU hit the ground hard enough it would kill it, but I don't remember if the UMMU died that time. Meshland like Samuel Edwards siad.

Hey HAL9001, here is the link to the wiki page for meshland: http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Meshland .

Click here for the latest version of meshland: Latest unstable version of Meshland 080327

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We can open up a new thread to discuss meshland, please stay on topic, although talking about meshland is very interesting, but please, not to offend anyone in this post, stay on topic.

Thank you.

Southwell

Reaction score
Hahaha I did just the thing, I was tryin to get to Europa from juiper in Dans Arrow Ship, Did the target intercept burn pretty well, didnt make a mid course correction and realised once i was in the SOI and tried to perform an orbit inerstion burn, So as captain of my ship UMMU'd my way into an EVA he wouldnt forget, he hit the surface doin many kilometres per second..............need more UMMU recruits!!!!

It was pretty cool to see this moon gettin bigger and bigger through the visor knowing there was no way out.

ICBM

Reaction score
Unpack a UCGO base then walk into it with your UMMU, then take your space suit off then hit 'U' to pack up the base. Then :goodnight:. Big red letters... DEAD.

Milenko44

Reaction score
eva'd crew member for the first time in earth orbit and put on jetpack. flipped on the auto hover and he was gone...

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
1. Orbit moon at a very low altitude (e.g. 800 meters)

2. EVA the doomed UMMU

3. Adjust the UMMU's orbit to something along the lines of 0.800 x -.02

4. Eagerly await high velocity collision

CaptnDave

Reaction score
My personal favourite is to set the DGIV to auto-hover above the moon, open a turbo pack bay, eject an MMU and drop the turbo pack at the same time and see if he can get to it and slow his fall in time. Or do it dropping two MMUs and seeing if the guy in the turbo pack can rescue his friend too.

Another one that I actually submitted a bug report for until I realized my mistake is that in my early days of orbiting, I ejected from the DGIV and saw my crew escape safely... except for the pilot. I had unlimited fuel turned on and his ejection seat kept going - spinning him round and round until the g-forces killed him after about three minutes :)

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Another one that I actually submitted a bug report for until I realized my mistake is that in my early days of orbiting, I ejected from the DGIV and saw my crew escape safely... except for the pilot. I had unlimited fuel turned on and his ejection seat kept going - spinning him round and round until the g-forces killed him after about three minutes :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Oh my!!!!

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
If the UMMU hit the ground hard enough it would kill it, but I don't remember if the UMMU died that time. Meshland like Samuel Edwards siad.

Hey HAL9001, here is the link to the wiki page for meshland: http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Meshland .

Click here for the latest version of meshland: Latest unstable version of Meshland 080327

if I do that he alwas dies, because (if he's near enough) he flys away from the nuke and burns out. if he don't burn out he will fall or he will die in cause of the G-forces.